Adding Tidal Connect

thank you. clear.

Intalled test version yesterday. Sound quality as expected :slight_smile: However saw a few flaws:

1. Disconnects for some reason from latest Tidal app. Especially, when you browse through your Tidal music.

2. If you connect to Volumio via webpage you see that Tidal connect plays but quality is like 16bit 44.1 for Tidal Master

Anyway, good job done Volumio Team !:slight_smile:

I tried the beta version last night. It worked fine but still got no software decoderļ¼ˆ1st unfoldļ¼‰ for MQA. My Dac is ifi XDSD and it can only work as a renderer but no decoder.
A little bit disappointed but still need to thanks the great Volumio Team for the effortļ¼

I suggest to everyone to wait for official release for the optimal experience.
We will not include MQA 1st stage unfolding: we donā€™t have licensing agreement with MQA.

1 Like

Any plans to add software decoding in short future?

I mean MQA SW decoding :slight_smile:

1 Like

No.

1 Like

Thisā€™d be interesting. Having it for example in some Volumio payment planā€¦

Not sure if I still want to have it in Volumio after I watched this: https://youtu.be/pRjsu9-Vznc

4 Likes

Volumio I guess has a lot of users, maybe others like it , do not think only at you. It is ok that we have diversity and our ears can choose. :slight_smile:

Wow :astonished:, I was planning on going back to Spotify when they get HiFi lossless

Sure. We can cboose and that is good.

1 Like

So Volumio will just pass MQA, so A licensed DAC can do the unfolding?

Yes, that is correct. I have just downloaded the latest version of volumio and my smsl su-9 dac unfolded the mqa track using tidal connect. Works perfectly. Great job volumio team.

Why not make a paid plugin for free Volumio? Maybe about 40-50 USD?

1 Like

The Virtuoso MyVolumio plan (including Tidal) is $35.

Volumio Plans and Pricing Ā· Volumio

Edit: unless you mean a one off price for a plugin.

Would love to see this option - one off price for extra Tidal connect plugin.

Currently, Volumio does not have a facility to allow single plugins to be purchased at one-off.
We are working on such a feature for the future.

2 Likes

It would be good. I donā€™t understand why you havenā€™t been able to answer 6 months until now with the answer to the question of whether this feature will be available on free Volumio. The question was here at least 3 times over time, you kept people in suspense unnecessarily. So I didnā€™t have any sympathy for the Volumio team, quite the opposite. So boys, I canā€™t praise your approach.

Youā€™re right, it was asked before and I did not answer, that slipped off my radar (as many other questions, now that I see them while reading the whole thread).
We will pay further attention in the future to questions such as that: I gave it for granted that TC would be part of MyVolumio plans, now I realize that for some that was not clear.

For the future, you can expect us to always follow our policy: if it requires a substantial investment and its not already part of free offer, we will make them available for MyVolumio people.

2 Likes