Adding Tidal Connect

Having taken receipt of my RPi4 with Allo DigiOne HAT I am very please with the current version of Volumio and Tidal integration. Yes, Tidal connect is the way to go but isn’t the be all and end all for the current system. As music quality is a high priority to me I am no longer a subscriber to Spotify and just Tidal and Qobuz.

Next we’ll be asking for software based MQA full unfolding.

We still did not receive news from TIDAL yet …

1 Like

How does it look from the Volumio side?

Is everything ready to go as soon as Tidal approve it, ie you basically just have to press a button and an update with connect will go live? Or is more work required after Tidal respond?

Will Volumio’s TIDAL Connect integration include the option to engage the (software) MQA Core decoder or will it only be certified for passthrough MQA (so still have to get a full MQA decoding DAC for any MQA decoding)?

2 Likes

Off topic but I’m waiting for the delivery of my SMSL SU-9 for full MQA unfolding.

Tidal connect, whilst handy isn’t really required as I do like Volumio’s Tidal integration.

1 Like

Just a quick note to share that I appreciate all the updates Volumio is sharing about Tidal Connect :+1: In Volumio (and outside the Volumio world) I’ve always loved Spotify Connect, but missed the sound quality of Tidal. This Tidal Connect option seems to be a great solution for it. Looking forward to it.

1 Like

I’ve purposely avoided this thread for weeks in hopes that when I did check it, I’d see everything is good to go. Looks like I popped in just a bit too early. Understandable.

Thanks everyone for a great music player software. I’ve been using it a bit more recently and it’s really growing on me. Looking forward to Tidal Connect but it’s not a make-or-break feature for me. I’ll give it another couple of weeks and check in again.

1 Like

Good news folks!

TIDAL Connect team has completed the certification check on our implementation, and we are good to go! I shall say that working with the TIDAL Connect team has been a really pleasant experience and TIDAL Connect is really a lovely piece of tech :wink:

So, we are preparing everything for release which should happen mid next week :wink:

11 Likes

Congrats on successful certification.

Hope to see it both on Jessie and Buster

Yes, we’ve made it both for Jessie and Buster versions

1 Like

Just updated to buster version 3.066 on rpi and appear a message : tidal connect is ready /)
În tidal app, appear tidal connect volumio :slight_smile: it found volumio device. Too bad I am no longer a tidal subscriber, but it is really cool, just another extra cool feature.

This version is a test version for us to check that everything is ok. I don’t suggest to update to test releases now :wink: Just few more days and the final release will be out :wink:

Amazinge news!
And the update is going to be available from Volumio → System?

2 Likes

Yes

3 Likes

@volumio this is great news, thanks! To benefit from Tidal connect, does the user have to subscribe to MyVolumio or any other? Cheers

1 Like

Legends !!! Thank you :heart:

Yes, I’m curious about this as well.

TIDAL Connect will be available for MyVolumio Virtuoso or Superstar users, not for free users.
This follows our policy for myvolumio features: if it requires a substantial investment and its not already part of free offer, we will make them available for MyVolumio people.

Great
We will be needed to login on tidal also on volumio?
Thanks

No, you can choose to login on Volumio if you want to browse from Volumio. Otherwise you just select Volumio from TIDAL app (without the need to login)

1 Like