Volumio2 NAS Configuration - Suggestions and developments

Here is what I did on v1.55 that’s works
image.jpg

And here is the same entry in Vers2 that doesn’work.
image.jpg

I think the problem is caused by the space character in the name of your share. I had a similar problem with a share name that contains parentheses. (See my post here: https://volumio.org/forum/post18417.html#p18417).

In your case, Volumio will be constructing a mount command that looks like this:

mount -t cifs -o ... //192.168.1.1/Music flac  /mnt/NAS/myNAS

The mount command will interpret " //192.168.1.1/Music" as the name of the share, and “flac” as the mount point.

Try inserting a backslash before the space.

I think so is due to the space. You can also replace it (if possible) by a other character such as - or_

It hanks for the suggestion. went back to the drive and changed the folder name to musicflac and then tried to add the drive with no luck- see below
image.jpg

You may need to delete all the shares that don’t work (especially the ones that have alias “CDs”). I suspect Volumio works through the list in order, but stops when a mount fails. The last share in the list should work. If that doesn’t work, perhaps start again from a clean image?

Thanks - I’ll give that a try next weekend.

Hello,

I am trying volumio2 since I have a bug on volumio1.55…

Same issue, NFS mount ok on system, but Update and Scan do not bring anything…

looked down a bit, mpd expects something in

music_directory “/var/lib/mpd/music”

as in V1, but no simlink is ever created there, I did create one manually and I have now my NAS music