Volumio2 equalizer plugin

There is the same behavior on this one (Rpi3 with Hifiberry clone Dac)
Note: When the plugin is active on one player I got alot of Running wheels when I switch between players and dialogues

volumio@sk5-altan:~$ aplay -l **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices **** card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 0: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA] Subdevices: 8/8 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 Subdevice #1: subdevice #1 Subdevice #2: subdevice #2 Subdevice #3: subdevice #3 Subdevice #4: subdevice #4 Subdevice #5: subdevice #5 Subdevice #6: subdevice #6 Subdevice #7: subdevice #7 card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 1: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI] Subdevices: 1/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 card 1: sndrpihifiberry [snd_rpi_hifiberry_dacplus], device 0: HiFiBerry DAC+ HiFi pcm512x-hifi-0 [] Subdevices: 0/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 card 7: Loopback [Loopback], device 0: Loopback PCM [Loopback PCM] Subdevices: 2/2 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 Subdevice #1: subdevice #1 card 7: Loopback [Loopback], device 1: Loopback PCM [Loopback PCM] Subdevices: 2/2 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 Subdevice #1: subdevice #1

volumio@sk5-altan:~$ ps -axl |grep alsaloop 0 1000 2384 2197 20 0 1820 376 wait S ? 0:00 /bin/sh -c /usr/bin/alsaloop -C plughw:Loopback,1 -P plug:plugequal -t 80000 -w 500 4 1000 2385 2384 20 0 7292 3292 poll_s S ? 0:00 /usr/bin/alsaloop -C plughw:Loopback,1 -P plug:plugequal -t 80000 -w 500 0 1000 2502 2496 20 0 2588 524 pipe_w S+ pts/0 0:00 grep alsaloop

[code]# Volumio MPD Configuration File

Files and directories

music_directory “/var/lib/mpd/music”
playlist_directory “/var/lib/mpd/playlists”
db_file “/var/lib/mpd/tag_cache”
#log_file “/var/log/mpd/mpd.log”
#pid_file “/var/run/mpd/pid”
#state_file “/var/lib/mpd/state”
#sticker_file “/var/lib/mpd/sticker.sql”
###############################################################################

General music daemon options

user “mpd”
group “audio”
bind_to_address “any”
#port “6600”
#log_level “default”
gapless_mp3_playback “no”
#save_absolute_paths_in_playlists “no”
#metadata_to_use “artist,album,title,track,name,genre,date,composer,performer,disc”
auto_update “yes”
#auto_update_depth “3”

Symbolic link behavior

follow_outside_symlinks “yes”
follow_inside_symlinks “yes”

Input

input {
plugin “curl”

proxy “proxy.isp.com:8080

proxy_user “user”

proxy_password “password”

}

Decoder

Audio Output

resampler {
plugin “soxr”
quality “high”
threads “0”
}

audio_output {
type “alsa”
name “alsa”
device “hw:Loopback,0”
dop “yes”

}

audio_output {
type “fifo”
enabled “no”
name “multiroom”
path “/tmp/snapfifo”
format “44100:16:2”
}

#replaygain “album”
#replaygain_preamp “0”
volume_normalization “no”

MPD Internal Buffering

audio_buffer_size “8192”
buffer_before_play “10%”

Resource Limitations

#connection_timeout “60”
max_connections “20”
max_playlist_length “32384”
max_command_list_size “8192”
max_output_buffer_size “16384”

Character Encoding

filesystem_charset “UTF-8”
id3v1_encoding “UTF-8”
[/code]

pcm.!default { 
 type plug 
 slave.pcm plugequal; 
} 
ctl.equal { 
 type equal; 
} 
pcm.plugequal { 
 type equal; 
 slave.pcm "plughw:1,0"; 
}
pcm.equal {
 type plug;
 slave.pcm plugequal;
 }

I just updated a new version that solve for me the jack and dac output… But don’t know if it works all the time on any device.
Please if you test:
have a working config (output, volume control) before enabling the plugin.
Enable the plugin and wait 10 sec after the message
test with a track
If you get no sound right after, reboot before try anything else.
let me know

github.com/balbuze/volumio-plug … eequal.zip

:smiley:
Works now ! (tested the one using Audio jack)

Bless you

good ! But now I’m facing a new problem… With my iqaudio, it works only the first time. If you stop playing and restart no sound because alsaloop fails due to : Unable to set hw params for playback plug:plugequal: Device or resource busy
Unable to set sw parameters for playback plug:plugequal stream: Device or resource busy
pcmjob failed.
My poor hair ! :open_mouth:

Have done a couple Start/Stop and Restarts , if you have the patience to wait up to 60 seconds after reboot it works fine for me (will test the Pi with the Dac tomorrow)

Maybe time to change your nick to baldbuze :laughing:

Note: startup volume is 100%

:laughing:

Just a note !
Have seen this message a couple times today (seconds after the first install) , I read a thread somewhere here about multiple installs when installing plugins
EQInstallError.png

Did a quick install on the Pi with Dac and the effects for me is as you described, works only until I Stop/Start or change song

Edit: But startup volume indicate and is as the default settings
Edit2: After disabling the plugin I couldn’t change the volume , I changed “Mixer control name” from Analogue to Digital and then the volume worked again

I think I see the problem and I see a workaround… I’ll try to do something in next few days…

Hello @balbuze, I install the new version and upon reboot it goes into a continuous reboot loop.
Edit: I use Volumio 2.246

I uploaded a new version. It works on the last dev version of volumio with jack output and i2s and propably usb (not tested yet). Not sure it still works on 2.246…
github.com/balbuze/volumio-plug … eequal.zip

edit : ok with a USB DAC

Tested both players and :smiley:

Is it normal hardware mixer (i.e., hardware volume control) no longer available when using the equalizer? Thx.

This version resolve the problem “…it works only the first time. If you stop playing and restart no sound because alsaloop fails…” in Volumio 2.279?

Please reboot after install. Alsaloop runs now as a service and is restarted if it fails. Let me know.

@balbuze, does not work. The first time, without restarting, there is sound but the volume does not respond. When it restarts, it stops being heard.
If I enable it and restart without trying if it works, at start up, nothing is heard.
I am using Volumio 2,279, Rasp 3, Boss DAC and the latest version of Simple Eq.
Regards

Dear balbuze when desable this plugin then sound out through rpi audio jack but when plugin enable then not come out sound.

Enabling this plugin breaks playback for me. The song plays but no music from the headphone jack.

Running latest version on Asus Tinker.

Dear user,
I met some problem (unresolved at this time) with last dev version of volumio and the equalizer plugin. I made some change in the plugin, but now it does not work with official version…
Please wait, I post something when ready.
Don’t forget when you report a error to add the device you use (rpi0, rpi1…) the output, dac, volume mixer and if a other plugin is used.
Thanks ! :slight_smile:

Hi @balbuze! I installed volsimpleequal 0.2.0 on Volumio 2.285, Rasp3 and Boss DAC.
Now it works correctly.
The problem now is with volspotconnect, the spotify volume varies between 0 and 100 of the total volume, before (with volspotconnect2) it ranged between 0 and the maximum volume it had in Volumio.
Is it a bug or do I have something misconfigured on my system?
Regards