Volumio scan and update music files starts but resets to zero

Hi, Volumio v2.779 is running on my rpi3b+ but is unable to successfully read the flac music files I have on my nas. There was no problem connecting to the nas. When the first sync starts only 45 artists are indexed. If I click either rescan or update the count restarts and will eventually get to the 1000 artist count that I am e pecting. Suddenly the index will reset to zero and the sync arrow contines to spin, and no albums are loaded or accessible. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Wes

Check that you don’t have any “corrupted” files in your collection. Easier said than done, but for example if you only scan the first half of your files, does everything work as expected?

You might also turn on live logging in the UI before scanning, and watch the system messages through the scanning process for errors with particular files.

(Live logging: enter the ‘dev’ UI by typing your usual device address and appending '/dev/ to the end of the URL. There is an option to turn on live-logging there.)

Thanks, here is what looks like to be there error, UPnP
any suggestions?
thanks,
Wes

mpd.service: main process exited, code=killed, status=11/SEGV
Unit mpd.service entered failed state.
error: Upnp client error: Error: This socket has been ended by the other party
info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: mpd , getMyCollectionStats
error: MPD error: Error: This socket has been ended by the other party

Found mpd.log showed last file loaded and there was a corrupt file in the same folder. Removed the file and tried to rescan the music again. It loaded more files into the database but still didn’t complete. Found that changing the entries in mpd.conf that had values 81920 to 122840 allowed the rescan to finish! There was always a reboot after each failed scan and new entry.

I don’t think the UPnP error was relevant.

Not sure why altering max_playlist_length, max_command_list_size and max_output_buffer_size made any difference. Did you alter all three?

Anyhow, glad you sorted it: that’s the main thing :wink: