Hi, all, am new to here. But I was playing with Volumio on RPi for some time. Following is the way to setup WiFi on a RPi 3 A+ with fresh Volumio (2019-02-18) installed, for anyone only listens music over Wifi, and now with a standalone USB uses full bandwidth on RPi.
- RPi 3 A+ with a fresh Volumio installation
- HDMI display / TV
- USB keyboard
- A decent RPi power supply
Some Linux experiences will help.
- Connect display, keyboard then power.
- Get the SSID of the WiFi you will connect your RPi to.
- After boot up, login using volumio / volumio .
- Create / edit file /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf , using following command
sudo nano /etc/wpq_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
Type following content in the file
Replace your_wifi_ssid with the WiFi SSID.
Replace your_wifi_passphrase with your WiFi passphrase.
- Run following command to create a “mark” file to tell the system WiFi is configured
echo ' ' > /data/configuration/netconfigured
Done. After boot up, you should be able to access your Volumio installation at volumio.local .
Next, connect your USB DAC to the only USB port of your RPi 3 A+. Select it as output device. Setup your music library and enjoy.
I am using RPi 3 A+ with my old Sony PHA-2, connected via iFi iSilencer 3.0, powered by iFi iPower, pairing with DT1350. Sounds great enough to put my portable DAPs aside