Volumio on miniDSP vs Volumio 3

I have a miniDSP SHD Studio on which there is a “special” version of Volumio. It has Qobuz and Tidal + a few plugins and some webradio functionality!
As it happens I also have a premium account for Volumio 3! This is a different beast altogether! Having all the functionality available!
BUT…I cannot use this on my miniDSP! I am missing alot: Soundcloud, Bandcamp, Mixcloud and a bunch of webradio, and many, many plugins! This is only about letting miniDSP users update to v3!! We pay for it!!

1 Like

+1 on this. miniDSP is taking way too long to implement Volumio 3 and offer functionality like Tidal Connect. I know it’s probably all miniDSP’s fault but if there’s anything @volumio can do to rescue us that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1 Like

Since miniDSP are using a Volumio OEM version it’s kind of hard to blame Volumio - if they have been provided with the updated software it’s then up to miniDSP to implement the update.

Any news on this ? Saw somewhere a statement that Volumio typically brings the new version for Mini-DSP around 6 months later ?

To clarify: we are going to take care of porting V3 to MiniDSP, but it’s MiniDSP choice to do so.

Anyway, we are now working on this and it’s looking good from what we see.

1 Like

Hi again!
It has been some time!
Any updates on the progress of V3 to MiniDSP?
Any chance of Deezer and Soundcloud inclusion for V3 for MiniDSP?

Thanks in advance

Jo

Hi,
Any updates/improvements to the Volumio version loaded on miniDSP devices?

I use it with Qobuz and constantly have the following problems:

1. Qobuz lists are played in completely random order instead of sequentially
  2. occasionally a track will suddenly stop and skip to a random one within the playlist
  3. sometimes within a playlist, if you click on a track, you will get the one 1-2-3-4 or more places down in the list at random
  4. occasionally a track in a playlist becomes unplayable

The main problems are 1 and 3

Hello! I bought a SHD STUDIO MINIDSP device. Does the built-in Volumio include a Bluetooth input playback option? What would that actually mean? Because, as far as I know, there is no Bt antenna on the Shd Studio…another question: does the built-in nanopi module not have any HDMI output? So there is no way to hack an hdmi display? :slight_smile: thanks, whoever can help with these.

Please don’t cross post.

1 Like