Volumio on Android TV?

Hello Volumio Community!
First of all, I want to give my compliments to all the developers of Volumio.
I have been using this app on my Raspberry PI3+ for a few weeks now.

I have the following question: Is it possible to use the Volumio app on an Android TV/box?
I have tried to get the app working through an unofficial way (installing the android * .apk manually via usb). Unfortunately, the app keeps saying that it cannot find a Volumio device, even when manually setting the IP address.

Thanks in advance!

Koen

Hi Guys,
I invented the following (unofficial) workaround to install the Volumio android app on an Android TV / Box

What do you need:

1. The Volumio Android phone app.
    I downloaded version v2.6.52 from android-apk.org
    Volumio 2.652 APK Download by Volumio | Android APK
    Copy this on a USB stick.

2. Install via the Play Store of Android box / TV the app called Downloader
    With this app you can later assign the hidden Volumio app shortcut on your Android TV.

3. Install the app TV App Repo via Downloader

Requirements:
The Android TV / Box is NOT connected via Ethernet, only via WIFI (requirement of android phone - app). Of course the TV is connected to the same network as the Raspberry PI with Volumio.

Known Issues:
Of course the Volumio app is not built for your TV/box… deal with it.
Download the Volumio * .apk from the android apk website and put it on a USB stick

Installation steps:
On your Android TV go to the source USB and install the * apk on the TV.

On your Android TV go to the -> Play Store -> download + install the app Downloader (from AFTVnews).

Open the app Downloader en fill in the following URL at: GitHub - ITVlab/TvAppRepo: An app repository of Android TV apps

Download the TV App Repo from Git Hub. Select the *apk for ‘playstore’ (scroll down to releases)

Open the TV App Repo App, now you see the Volumio application.

Click on ‘ Create Shortcut’.

Done :slight_smile: