Volumio iOS App

I would proudly take a beta testing task, too

-Stephan

Send me a PM with your iTunes account email!

Hi there,

so far this is really a great app and it works pretty well.

I noticed that when navigating to ā€˜Web Radioā€™ -> ā€˜My Web Radioā€™ all my ā€˜stationsā€™ are listed as folders (which when navigated to are empty). Shoutcast stations are displayed correctly.

IMG_2353.PNG

Cheers,
cgtobi

Hi cgtobi,
iā€™ll fix it in the next build, thanks for your feedback :wink:

Hey monkeyproof,

thanks for adding me to the Beta.
There I realized that the app is iOS 10 only. I have an iPhone 4s, so iā€™m stuck with iOS 9.
Will the iOS 10 dependency be permanent, or is it possible to add support for iOS 9 at a later time?

Greetings
Zapp!

Hi Zapp,
Unfortunately seems Apple is releasing a new version of itā€™s coding language on every iOS update. I didnā€™t tried to build for Swift 2, but i can make a tentative one of these days [emoji6]

I expected something like that.

Thank you for your work!

I use Volumio everyday and I would love to test your app.

I canā€™t sent PMā€™s as Iā€™m new in the forum. Can you please send me a PM and Iā€™ll reply with my iTunes E-mail?

Fast progress update

Hi guys,
iā€™ve been quite busy in the past few weeks, but there are some huge improvements iā€™m going to release soon.

• New action bar (similar to the one you have now in the queue) for the browse section: youā€™ll be able to add a playlist even while viewing the single tracks inside it.
  • Mute on volume icon to easy cut off the audio
  • Check volumioā€™s version on startup
  • Notification bar on main actions (add to queue, playing track,ā€¦)
  • Manage playlists
  • Fix on clear queue (now sometimes causes volumioā€™s crash)

Thanks for all of you are actively supporting me testing the app.
Since today we have 15 testers, 334 sessions and only 8 crash!
Itā€™s a great result for a project started just 2 months ago :stuck_out_tongue:

Stay tuned! :wink:

PS: Iā€™m going to submit this new version to the AppStore before the end of the year if there arenā€™t big issues!!!

Now we are 16 testers :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve tested the app today and I found one ā€œissueā€. ā€œOne click volume stepsā€ option doesnā€™t came from Volumioā€™s configuration. Your default (5) is to much for my setup. If you canā€™t read the value at least give us the option so change it in settings.

Thereā€™s also a cool feature that I would love to have. Locked screen widget so we can stop or adjust the volume without unlock the phone and search for the app.

By the way, nice design! Keep up the good work.

Thank you for your feedback!
From the next build there is a simple slider to input the volume level. Itā€™s not so simple to increase/decrease of a single unit, but i can work on it.
Great idea the widget :wink:

Hey,

I am following this thread since I registered for this forum now. It seems that (unlike the Android app), the IOS Version is much more advanced. Good job!

Currently I have some questions:
Does your application support several Volumios ? (I currently have 3 of them running in different rooms)
My girlfriend (she is an IPhone User) struggles with the Web UI, hence I would like to ask, how stable your build is. She only needs volume control, start stop and browsing of the media library. Maybe your app can help her and improve the acceptance of what I set up :smiley:

Many Thanks for your work!!!
Bests,
shaDN

Hi shaDN,

right now you can choose which Volumio use by switching it from settings. Itā€™s a ā€œliveā€ selection, so you donā€™t need to do nothing more of selecting one of the reachable ones. Iā€™m working to insert a switch option even in the playback screen using a tab-like interaction.

The beta out for test is really stable, just 8 crash over 380 session, but iā€™m going to release a new one before the end of the day and since there are lots of changes, i canā€™t be totally confident with it :mrgreen:

If she find tricky to use the app, she can always come back to the web uiā€¦but iā€™m sure she wonā€™t :wink:

That sounds pretty cool. What do you need, to make her one of your beta-testers?

Bests,
shaDN

Send me a PM with the iTunes account email :wink:

v 1.0 (12)

• [x] Browse action bar on playlists and collections
  • [x] 1 step audio adjustement and slider control
  • [x] Notification bar on main actions (add to queue, playing track,ā€¦)
  • [x] Manage playlists
  • [x] Fix on clear queue
  • [x] Transitions betweens browse sections

Hey there Monkeyproof. Your app looks great, and I would like to be a beta tester too. Iā€™m a new user, so I canā€™t pm you. Can you pm me? I saw a another guy had the same problem earlier in the postā€¦

Wow, monkeyproof, did nā€™t expect the next version to be such a great improvement, nice work!
I really like the the action bar.
The volume adjustment works.
Clear queue bug has gone, confirmed.
Transitions between browse sections working good.
I think that you are not far away from final version, perhaps we can consider this version GM? :wink:

Hi Mark,
thanks for all your feedbacks, they helped me a lot!
We can definitely say this is the GM! Iā€™ll wait just a couple of day to let you use it and discover any bad issue, after that iā€™ll send the app to Apple for approval :wink:

Adding web radios doesnā€™t seem to work with the new version (tap, double tap or swipe).

PS: The new volume control is awesome :wink: