Volumio iOS App

I’m so eager to try it… Will it work on an old ipod touch?

It should, but not so sure. Leave me your itunes email and let’s see if you’re notified on new version!

First of all: monkeyproof, this is great work!
Installed on my iPhone 6s, looks very promising. (version 1.0(5) )
It is connected to a wired raspberry 2b with a hifiberry dac.
The response is great, starting and stopping a song does it instantly.
And i like the design as well.
Shutdown and reboot is working fine.

There are some things to be worked on:
I am not able to browse through any library.

In the queue i am not able to see the titles of a song, only the artist and the album
IMG_0527.PNG.jpg

When i play an album, which in the moment i have to do via the web UI from Volumio, the shuffle function is not working.
This can also be a flaw in Volumio itself, because when i try this in the webUI it is working neither.

Thanks for the feedback Mark!
The library browsing except Spotify ones is one of the biggest task missing, i’m still waiting for my nas coming back from assistance, i hope today will be ready. I have to check which title tag is used on the track.
About the shuffle and repeat functions…i’m still trying to understand how it works, it seems to be bugged in the webUI as you said. I’ll take some time now to make it work :wink:

v 1.0 (6)

• [x] There is a new refresh button during the search of Volumio’s
  • [x] Now in the browse tab the indication of the playing track is fixed
  • [x] Fix of shuffle/repeat (now it works according to webUI)

v 1.0 (7)

• [x] Gears icon on the “offline” screen to set Volumio’s hardware
  • [x] Fixed (again :unamused: ) the current track in queue table
  • [x] Shuffle/repeat set the value to false if comes as “nil” from the APIs
  • [x] Browse from all the available sources :exclamation:
  • [x] New loading HUD for tables
  • [ ] Networks in Setting’s Tab not still complete, please ignore it.

Work in progress, but the progress is working! :wink:

In the “Playback” section there are no differences with previous versions, so the “shuffle” function still does not work properly.

In the “Browse” section i am able to browse, great improvement.
Also the loading is very fast, much faster than the WebUI!
However, i am not able to start to play a chosen file or folder.

The “Queu” section does show the titles of the songs now, great.

In the “Settings” i am able to start and stop the Spotify plugin and shutdown or restart my Volumio

All by all i can say that you almost nailed it, if you manage to make the files and folders start playing from the “Browse” section i can stop using the WebUI and will switch to this great app.
Thankyou so far!

Mark try to slide over the folders and the tracks on the browse section :wink:

Ah, how could i missed that one :blush: , thanks for the update!

it’s not so easy to find out, i’m looking for a simpler solution meanwhile!

I noticed that the “shuffle” function is working, except not as i am expecting.
When i turn “shuffle” on before choosing to play an album, it shuffles.
When i turn it on, after choosing playing an album, it does not start shuffling that particular album.

The behaviour of shuffle and repeat is so tricky that it took me a little to make it work.
On the API the value for them is “nil” at the boot, but an Int after the first toggle.
But now since it’s working I think it should come as in the web UI.
I’ll finish the search and i’ll look for a cause.

Next Rev Spoilers :smiley:

• get rid of annoying loading screen with the brand new tap bar
  • what are you looking for? (i intentionally searched for “queens”…just because “queen” comes out with hundred of radios at first :laughing: )

v 1.0 (9)

• [x] Search section reachable from browse
  • [x] Queue action bar
  • [x] Tutorial page on how to play tracks from library
  • [ ] Add to playlist
  • [ ] Feedback bar on empty queue
  • [ ] Feedback bar once tracks added to queue

F.

Very good, Monkeyproof, love this version, especially the tutorial page :wink:
First impression:
Search function is great, works exactly as Volumio WebUI
I am experiencing a small bug, but i will put it in the Volumio bugs, but since your app shows the exact same outcome i blame the Volumio itself.
Will report the bug.

Queue action bar is an improvement, love it.
I noticed a small glitch: when i choose “Clear and Play” the album is placed in the queue, but i need to start it manually.

But your app is already this good that i use it all the time and ditched the WebUI.
Only for a library update i use the WebUI.

Hi,

i just build a new Volumio2 player with IQaudio DAC and browsed through the forums to get some ideas. I found this topic here and I’, very interested, but sadly I can’t PM @monkeyproof when clicking his avatar. The contact options are empty for me, maybe because I’m a new user?

This post is a try to get a post and maybe workaround the PM “issue”, otherwise maybe @monkeyproof can send me a PM and I can answer his one?

Thanks for the app.

You have a new message :wink:

I got it, but still can’t answer even that one. I get the message that I can’t compose PMs because I’m new. (which I fully understand for newly registered users, because of spam)
But the question is, how many posts do I need to unlock this “feature”? :confused:

Thanks to those of you provided a feedback to the app!
I’m working on Watch integration just now, i’m confident to release a new build really soon :wink:

Meanwhile, a couple of evidence from your work. Great improvements on crash preventing and it seems you like it since you are using it more and more :smiley:

Are there free any free slots for betatesters? I’d really like to test and help if I can, but somehow my PMs are stuck in my outbox…