Volumio iOS App volume control with hard buttons

Hello community,

I recently started to use volumio and really enjoy it with the Volumio iOS App :slightly_smiling_face: The only thing is very uncomfortable for me is the volume control.

For example when I use AirPlay from iPhone to Volumio it is possible to control the volume with hard buttons of the iPhone. But when I start to play local on the Volumio device it is not possible for me to control the volume with the hard buttons of the iPhone.

Can someone tell me please if and how it is possible to control the volume with the hard buttons of the iPhone in the iOS app?

I would highly appreciate help.

Kind regards.

Linc

Unfortunately it’s not possible. Ios policies do not allow to use volume buttons if audio is not played on the device itself…

1 Like

I don’t use Ios, but how works Spotify conect on it ? No volume control ?

Spotify I don’t know, I am not using this

Is this an issue with the Android app too? I’m considering the app but I’m not sure would work this way

hi… there is marantz remote control that able to integrate hardware volume button on ios device to control volume on my marantz avr through the ios remote… not arguing the effort… just to point out some possibility… love volumio…