Volumio for Odroid C1 - Feedback Thread

Further on the errors on startup, yes, it seems that the image is not clean.
We need to take a look at that and have it corrected.
From what I gather, we need to

• clean the dirty bit from the boot partition (fsck -a)
  • run fsck -f and fix the errors on the rootfs partition
  • restore /etc/samba/dhcp.conf

Hi Ge

Let me know when the improved image is ready and I will happily test it.

Two more things:

1. I also noticed the first partition starts at sector 2048. Hardkernel recommends for the C1+ it starts at sector 3072 I believe.
  2. I’ve been looking at trying to build a dual boot. One for the standard Lubuntu Odroid image and the other for Volumio. The idea is that you can leave Volumio untouched while you can use the Lubuntu for maintenance tasks and upgrading. However, I posted a request for help & more info but no such luck yet. Perhaps something you’d want to consider?
    odroid-withe-dual-linux-lubuntu-volumio-t3608.html

True, but no problem currently. There is enough space left between u-boot and the fat partition, this is not likely to change soon, if at all.
But, this has been taken into account while developing the C1/C1+ build script for Volumio2, there the first partition will start at sector 3072 as suggested by HK.

I’m not aware of anything on an Odroid that lets you choose the OS from a menu.
If there was anything like that, you would have had your answer on the Odroid forum already :wink:

Due to new Volumio 2 features, using a customized uInitrd, a dual boot “hack” may not be possible or stay compatible.
So this is not likely to get supported.
But, just wait and see what’s coming, you may not even need it for updates&maintenance :mrgreen:

Any view on when the error corrected version 1.55 will come out?

nothing yet, focus is on Volumio 2 at the moment, so we might need a little patience :wink:

Will the provided Volumio image on an ODROID C1+ handle any I2S DAC (I’m mean the products that are out there for the Pi i.e. Hifiberry, IQaudIO,…)?
Whalt’s about Hifiberry’s DAC Pro with it’s onboard clock?

Positive answers will trigger a hardware test run :wink:

Hi capedory,

To start with, the C1+ is not pin-compatible with a Pi, so most of the products couldn’t be used without a DIY adapter.
Moreover, the DAC needs to be compatible with the S805 SOC I2S driver, which was adapted by Hardkernel.
There is no support for hardware volume control and nothing else has been ported. So the choice is probably not very big.
Known to work: a 24bit/192Khz TeraDak Sabre ES9023, a PlainDAC (pcm5100a) and a PlainDAC+ (pcm5121, without using hardware control).

Update: I prepared a clean image and forwarded it. Should be uploaded to SourceForge soon.

Yep, is available here:
sourceforge.net/projects/volumio … p/download

please confirm is ok and I’ll fix the download link.

Thank you very much gé!!!

checked it, identical to mine.
@pepsican: can you also confirm that this solves your copy problem?

@Michelangelo: positive report received, the image is ok.