Volumio for Odroid C1 - Feedback Thread

I found a small issue: permissions for /var/lib/mpd/playlists was not correct, so saving of playsist did not work. I have fixed it by

chmod 777  /var/lib/mpd/playlist

Hi there,
installed Volumio on my C1 (not plus) today, runs smoothly with a cheap USB DAC, no issues detected so far.
Just one question: I would love to use the IR receiver on the C1, together with the remote control that Hardkernel offers. I installed the driver as stated in the Odroid WIKI (odroid.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id= … er_android) but don’t know how to make it work in Volumio now. Can someone guide me the right way?
Thanks in advance!

Hi,
you need to install lirc, a config file for the Hk remote and a configuration for lircexec.
If you can wait 1-2 days I hope to have a description to post here.

That would be great! I am working on a few different projects at the moment, and I am running from one dead-end street to the other… so any help is really appreciated.

Cheers!

Done, see: https://volumio.org/forum/guide-how-enable-lirc-control-volumio-t3405.html

hi,
testing volumio with a Odroid c1 and a hifimediy USB DAC2 asynch :
-I tryed some webradio links : Radiooasis (89.16.185.174:8000/stream) craches volumio (kernell panic and cpu stopping)
-same thing when I tried to edit a webradio, creating a Pls file with FIP radio url :

[playlist]
NumberOfEntries=1
File1=http://audio.scdn.arkena.com/11016/fip-midfi128.mp3
Title1=FIP Radio
Length1=-1
Version=2

@ gkkpch : I cannot response to your private message cause I’m new on the forum but I’m still experiencing these problems. :wink:

OK, I will have a look at it tomorrow and try your failing webradio to start with.

I have the same situation as robob, any webradio station I am trying to play causes kernel panic.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Robob,

I tested a C1 with a USB DAC and also a C1+ with the generic HifI shield. With the above information everything works as expected with both setups. Also when randomly clicking through the list of webradios. No crashes.

Have you got a second sd card to test a fresh installation?

More news: I tested with my FiiO E18 and this one does cause a kernel panic.
I’m afraid it is a usb audio driver issue, not related to Volumio. This is why I put a question on the Odroid forum.
Someone else I know is using a FiiO also and I asked him to try with Volumio. Perhaps we get more info from there.

Robob,

Could you try this and report back?
ssh into volumio (uid volumio, pwd volumio) and add a line to alsa-base.conf as follows:

sudo echo 'options snd-usb-audio nrpacks=1' >> /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf

Then reboot…

This stopped my setup with FiiO from crashing

So how do you all like the new odroid c1+ board? Need to get an other board (already have a pi2) so curious to hear your comments how it compares to the raspberry pi2.

Tried this and it fixed the kernel panic with my usb dac. Now I enjoy Volumio on my Odroid c1 and usb dac, as well installed squeezelite in Volumio and it works great, great sound quality. Thanks for your effort.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the answer, I’m very buzy for the moment, i’ll try this as soon as possible.

sudo echo doesn’t work : “permission denied”
I modified the file with sudo nano
working fine now, with all the radio
Thank you very much, great job.

(and sry for my poor english :unamused: )

Just put a double quote between echo and conf, e.g. : sudo “echo xxxxxxxxx.conf” otherwise only the echo command will be executed with root power and not the redirection (>>) to modify the file.

It seems there is some problem with dlna or upnp. I can’t stream my music from my telephone with bubbleupnp to volumio. I can’t find any renderer to stream. With the same configuration it works with raspberry…

And when i give via ssh command apt-get update i get this message in the end:

W: There is no public key available for the following key IDs: 7638D0442B90D010

Edit: error with apt-get update doesn’t appear anymore after update and reboot. First problem remain…

Hi

I’m running an Odroid C1+ with eMMC card. When i first boot Volumio 1.55, I see errors at start up.

EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p2): error count since last fsck: 10

Is this normal? It is also very slow (been going for over 10 minutes encounting)

Hi,

No, this is not normal.
With a C1/C1+, booting from a microSD should not take more then 45-50 seconds to the starting sound.
From an eMMC it will even be a little faster.
Just did a fresh install, my boot log does not show any errors.

Have you tried re-flashing? Perhaps init the card first like this?

sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdb bs=4M

Note: your cardwriter might be assigned to /dev/sdc or /dev/sdd.