and

/sbin/ldconfig

@ash missing path ?

or just

sudo ldconfig

Strange, you don’t find ldconfig?

volumio@volumio:~$ ls -la /sbin/ldconfig
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 521436 May 14  2019 /sbin/ldconfig

I have added the code in root . When I execute the below comamnd the Volumio UI changes to the e below error.

Blockquote
openvt -s – python3 peppymeter.py

On the display I see same error as above

Blockquote
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pygame/init .py”, line 136, in
from pygame.base import *
ImportError: libbcm_host.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

In buster don’t do “su”, do “su -”. :point_up:
This is very important!
Oterwise you don’t have all programms and tools.
Yes, no joke you can try it. :grimacing:

there should be a good step by step how to install peppy it’s to difficult to do like this…
or make it a plugin

yes you are wright , thats why I will give up … it is working on my 2.861 version. I see that are to many dependencies …

Calling @balbuze :smiley:

then for both the 2.xx and 3.xx :stuck_out_tongue: ash i was trying it to could not get it to run
pygame installed without errors on 3.xx

Yes , a plugin would be a gift for Easter :slight_smile:
@dvo How do you find the sound of buster compared to jessie ?

sounds oke for me you know that a dac will color your sound and not really the pi…
@Lintbf @balbuze @ashthespy
It would be nice seeing a bal-easter-buze bunny jumping around,
laying peppy easter eggs for easter :stuck_out_tongue:

ok, I have peppymeter working with 3.014…
I use alsa_modular layout + my plugin + a modified version of peppymeter…
The problem is to provide a compiled version of peppyalsa…
Once this will be solved, we’ll see options we need to see in plugin settings…

1 Like

Many thanks and if I can not give to all this wonderful team a bear at least I have a paid subscription. Why I did not discover volumio earlier…

I don’t want to disappoint you… but even if I have something that work, it is far from being a one click plugin… :upside_down_face:

I realize but I do not think it will be like original… Maybe we will not have so many dependencies errors like now where you need advanced Linux skills… Could be also 10 steps but without errors. For example now I use fgconsole and chvt command to switch between peppymeter plugin and volumio UI… After kill the peppy process. Or configure the pepyalsa with volumio user and mpd config. Was a…

Hi!
I can’t describe it, because I didn’t know what to do what you showed me. My friend did it for me, he has a lot of experience. I just tag and run it. that’s all i can do! It must be at fault somewhere. you can build a new image and I can try and find its bugs! Thanks for your work!

Mac

Hi!

I finally managed to update my bedroom media system from Pi 2+RuneAudio to Pi4 + Volumio 3.014 Beta and make all hardware functional.

I have the following hardware:

• Pi 4 model B
  • IQaudIO DigiAMP+
  • 16x2 i2c LCD
  • Rotary encoder without click for volume
  • IR receiver and remote from old Clarion car stereo

I’m driving the LCD with custom Python script using python-mpd2 module. This did not get me any problems.

I am using the remote with custom lirc and irexec config files, which didn’t work as expected with Volumio 2.x because of ancient lirc version. This is the main reason for me trying Volumio 3.x

However there was an issue enabling the rotary encoder. The WiringPi version shipped with Volumio 3.x and the latest official (2.52) did not want to read the encoder pins. The one in Volumio 3.014 is too old for Pi 4 (2.50). The 2.52 version always read the pins as 0. I think the issue is with enabling pull-ups.
I was able to solve the issue by installing unofficial Wiringpi(reported as 2.60) from https://github.com/WiringPi/WiringPi.

On buster, we are running the latest version from upstream raspbian repos…
Which currently is at 2.50. Will have to wait for it get into raspbian before it trickles down to Volumio.

$ apt-cache policy wiringpi
wiringpi:
  Installed: 2.50
  Candidate: 2.50
  Version table:
 *** 2.50 500
        500 http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian buster/main armhf Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

EDIT: It looks like unfortunately 2.50 will be the last version that is “officially” available?

I had the same “problem” on a “non-volumio” (raspberry os) installation. WiringPi 2.50 does not support Pi4, so i needed to update it manually to 2.52. This worked for me, but i don’t have pull up’s so maybe because of that. :thinking:
But if 2.60 works, and you need to update it because 2.50 does not work, it’s equal to update to 2.60 instead of updating it to 2.52. Not?

1 Like

I guess this is the last “official” version: http://wiringpi.com/wiringpi-updated-to-2-52-for-the-raspberry-pi-4b/

I don’t know if the new Raspberry OS will pick up the Github version or not.

I don’t have the resources to compile custom packages currently, so it will have to wait until things are being built on Volumio’s servers. There are other packages that also need to be pre-built, will add a more uptodate wiringpi to the list… Until then sorry!

On a side note though, it might be a good time for the Rotary encoder plugin to switch to pigpio – it seems to be the successor of wiringpi? A quick search suggests there is even a NodeJs wrapper for it -

1 Like