Volumio 3 RC1 - Open Beta Testing

Sjaak,
to which subject/topic/issue are you referring?

1 Like

I have an Audiophonics Raspdac based on Pi3.

Not working:

• tidal login (was a tidal issue, solved already)
  • power button (Audiophonics ON/OFF plugin missing)
  • LCD screen
  • cifs mount of my nas (I can add it as a source, wouldn’t find any files; vers=1.0 added at options, same settings worked with latest volumio 2.9xx)

So considering the features I use on a daily basis, webradios and dlna work. Web gui is much faster though, that’s a welcome change. And I can’t even go back to 2.9xx cause when I install the latest audiophonics image including all plugins, tidal and web services are unusable, and it automatically updates to 3.1xx.

1 Like

Ok, I’m stumped.
Fresh install of V3. Installed Touch Display and Now Playing plugins.

How do I turn on the hdmi output? In V2 there was a toggle in the system settings.
I don’t see anything in V3.

What am I missing?

1 Like

The toggle should be in the plugin part,

And you don’t need to additional configuration lines to the userconfig.txt given by your manufacturer?

1 Like

That toggle is only present on x86 systems.

1 Like

Well, then I’m at a loss.
I’ve enabled the Touch Display plugin, rebooted several times, and I still have no hdmi output.

1 Like

And you don’t need to additional configuration lines to the userconfig.txt given by your manufacturer?

What’s your Pi model?

What is the brand and exact model of your display?

Exact same thing happening for me also unfortunately.

1 Like

It just started working!
I toggled the Touch Display plugin on/off once again and that finally did it.

I don’t know… I had done that a few minutes ago without success.
Now that I think about it, it probably was the screensaver. I forgot to change the timeout from 120 to 0.
D’Oh!

BTW, it’s a plain vanilla Pi3B+ hooked up to a TV.

Glad it’s working. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

It is unclear that you will need to connect a monitor to the Pi and start from scratch. I assumed “reset to factory” meant that it would boot up and show me the device from the Volumio app. Not too big of a deal, but it may be good to explain that it is essentially starting from scratch.

1 Like

thanks wolfman74 advice, now it’s working!

Another issue: upnp link when streaming via wifi (using AirMusic) is not stable in this version, it is disconnecting every couple of minutes. At first it seems random, sometimes after one minute, sometimes more…previous version worked more or less OK

UPDATE on the issue of payments:

The situation is coming back to normal, so we are not seeing anymore the issue of payments failing.

This was caused by an outage of Amazon Web Services (which is still ongoing). This caused disruption to many services (Netflix, Disney+ etc) and is still currently affecting TIDAL (TIDAL is not reachable).

So, if any of you is having problems with TIDAL, the only measure is to wait

I hope so. Got message: “You have been blocked.”

Can you explain better?

In any case, TIDAL is down but you can follow progress on their twitter…
https://twitter.com/tidalsupport

When I try to log in: You have been blocked.
“Why this blocking? Something about the behaviour of the browser has caught our attention.”

That’s a rather funny message. I am curious to know which browser you are using.

In any case, 99% of chance is due to the TIDAL outage. I think we will have to wait until tomorrow until is resolved by AWS and TIDAL.

1 Like

Just want to shout out to the Volumio team for the absolutely massive update. Yall absolutely smashed it and totally exceeded every expectation.

Volumio 3 looks the business and multiroom sync is so dope. This update just landed yall into the stratosphere. I keep discovering new features and it has honestly made my week.

Thanks for all your hard work.

4 Likes

Wow, thanks. You made our day with this feedback :wink:

2 Likes