Volumio 3 RC1 - Open Beta Testing

Qobuz/tidal etc favorites are not added to the favourite section within browse sources. It’s not a bug, but rather a design choice i believe.

You can find those under the said music service within the “my tracks/playlist etc” stuff.

I did the update. There was a scary warning that all plugins and settings would be deleted but I guess that’s intended for the upgrade from v2 because everything was preserved. Volumio3 is an astonishing product and the whole team should be very proud of themselves. Thank you all.

2 Likes

That’s pretty stupid.

Thanks, and thanks for all the effort put into version 3.xxx.

Hi - reporting an issue where multichannel audio is always mapped as 7.1 channels through the HDMI output regardless of input file (eg: 4.0, 5.1). Audio plays OK but surround side channels are incorrectly mapped to surround rears. Playback always identified as 7.1 channels.

Using upnp to transport the file. DSD Direct, DoP and PCM streams all produce the same error.

Log:(live logs)

Just installed 3 RC1 on a RPi4b with a HiFiberry DAC+ Pro ADC and it is not recognized. No lights, not an option listed under sources either. Worked fine in 2.917. Tried searching this thread, but didn’t see anything except someone with a Digi+ that isn’t currently supported.

Any plans to fix this? Back to 2.917 I suppose. Thank you.

3.163 on RPi4

This has been reported in an earlier beta version but isn’t fixed yet in 3.163. If I go to album view, click on an album, then hit the back button, I am taken to the very top of the album page instead of being taken back to the previous location on the page (as it did in v2.x).

3.163 RPI 3B+
Yes please fix the back button. Also favorites in Qobuz does not save to favorites and little heart does not stay red after another selection. I`m not sure anyone has answered if Genre in Qobuz Discover is going to be implemented. Thanks for your response,

3.163, RPI 4 8GB, Topping D10s

Roon bridge plugin seems to missing. Will it be added before or after the release on the 7th of December?

Other than that, the latest version seems stable (at least with DSP disabled) and I like the new UI!

We are aware of this and will be addressed after the release next Tuesday.

EDIT: Fixed and will be included in the release

2 Likes

We are currently working on this, hopefully before the release.

4th day in and still FIP is experiencing the same endless loop/stop problem. I’m getting quite worried now because it really is my favourite station. All these links have the same problem:

https://icecast.radiofrance.fr/fip-hifi.aac

http://icecast.radiofrance.fr/fip-hifi.aac

(While posting these on here, I notice they do work on this page. But not in V3 :frowning: They always did work on 2 until 4 days ago.

For some reason these low res links do work:
https://stream.radiofrance.fr/fip/fip.m3u8
https://stream.radiofrance.fr/fip/fip.m3u8

I’m now running both Pi’s with 3 on it (and both have same issues). Great stuff with the Multi room guys, love it! Will install a 3rd one today.
Ironically I cannot play my fave channel now, hope you guys find the problem. Thanks, J.

It’s not just FIP, I get stuck in a loop listening to any of the “France Musique” channels, for example.

3.163, RPi4

2 Likes

Hello
It is all the radios linked to Radio France that are impacted:
FIP
France Inter
France Musique
France Culture

1 Like

A heads up please.
My setup has used the serial connection to read the Song Title and Artist from MPD and pass it to my PreAmp display. I also use the Serial connection to update the PreAmp Controller firmware from the PI.
These actions use python-pip, python-SocketIO-client and python-serial.
Will I still be able to do this with the final release of Volumio 3? Thanks

Honestly, I don’t know… Your best bet is to check with Volumio3, since we don’t use Python, we are not aware of anything in that regard.
In any case I suggest to use Volumio’s API to fetch now playing infos:

1 Like

It most probably will, i use these packages on my streamer as well (with buster)

A suggestion, which works for my DIGI2 Pro.
Select the correct DAC+ in Sources. Shutdown the PI. Disconnect the PSU but leave it powered up. Wait 2-3 minutes. Re-connect the PSU to the PI and wait for PI and Volumio to re-boot.

Hi,
Regarding the 80s80s webradio, the album art is not synched with the song. Sory for my pressure but this is may favorite radio :)… Would tou he so kind to fix it.
On my previous verision it worked… I know that @balbuze updated the corect version and I install it manually.
Thanks