Volumio 3 RC1 - Open Beta Testing

Hello,
would it be possible to update the audiophonics on / off plugin for volumio 3? I don’t know how to program.
Moreover, while testing volumio 2 and volumio 3 I have the same problem. it is connected by USB to the Cambridge audio amplifier cxa81 which is of high quality with volumio. Only, when it goes to sleep after a while without music and I reconnect it to volumio, I have to reboot volumio otherwise there is no sound and an alsa error message appears in volumio.
Thank you for taking my comments into consideration. I will know how to program I assure you that I will have graciously given you the solution because your work is phenomenal and deserves to be rewarded.
Thank you

1 Like

At least i’m not the only one suffering from this.

I have the same issue on volumio2. I was hopeful version3 would fix it.

Have you found a solution?

1 Like

same result… :confused:

1 Like

So I have two Hifiberrys. One with Volumio 2 and one with Volumio 3, which I use for internet radio mainly. I keep the situation as it is. Within a month I will buy an “official” NAS and I am going to copy my iTunes library again. I hope everything will be normal.

Hello

Edit : Mixer type is set as Hardware

This is an externally developed plugin, you need to contact the author to ask him to upgrade.

This is a problem for all disconnected and then reconnected usb DACs and is on the to-do list for Volumio 3.

This has been solved in latest beta 3.129 can you give it a go?
Otherwise please send log after you turn back the dac on

1 Like

Put simply its because you are using the Hardware mixer. Switch to software mixer and all will be fine the numbers will go up and down in the amounts you have set.
but if you want to use the hardware mixer for the superior sound quality you need to find a value in the one click volume steps that suits your DAC.

With my D10 it needs the value set to 4 to be about right but will still not always go up in 4’s all the time.

I mentioned this same anomaly in Volumio 2 several years ago. Its not a bug, AFAIK its to do with how volumio is interprating the value set by your DAC.

If you SSH into Volumio and use alsamixer you can see actual dB increments the DAC is setting and with my D10 goes up 1dB at a time from about 55% even though the percantage is a little abnormal.

It would be good in to have the option of displaying the “dB value” instead of a percentage value

Hi,
I have a RPi3 B+,V3.129 with a 3.5" DSI touchscreen. I installed the Touch display plugin, but the screen is upside down at 0°,so I tried 180°, still upside down.
90° and 270° are working fine (screen on the side left and right), only 180° is not working.

1 Like

yes, it works now. You just have to be a little patient, volumio does not immediately recognize that the USB dac has come out of hibernation.
Thank you

I have tried all the suggestions on the HiFiBerry site to get this DIGI2 Pro board working with Volumio but it just gives ALSA errors.

What is the brand and model name of the screen?

It’s an OSOYOO, got it on Amazon. it’s working perfectly on the Buster Betas

So, 180 deg. rotation works on Buster betas but not on Volumio 3 RC1?

For further investigation please connect to Volumlio via SSH and post the results of executing

cat /boot/config.txt

and

cat /boot/userconfig.txt

With 180°

volumio@volumio:~$ cat /boot/config.txt
initramfs volumio.initrd
gpu_mem=32
max_usb_current=1
dtparam=audio=on
audio_pwm_mode=2
dtparam=i2c_arm=on
disable_splash=1
hdmi_force_hotplug=1

include userconfig.txt

Volumio i2s setting below: do not alter

dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplus

And cat /boot/userconfig.txt

Touch Display rotation setting below: do not alter

lcd_rotate=2
display_hdmi_rotate=2

With 0°, userconfig is empty

I replaced
display_hdmi_rotate=2 with
display_rotate=2
and it worked.

After reboot it works but I get that in userconfig.txt

Add your custom config.txt options to this file, which will be preserved during updates

lcd_rotate=2
display_rotate=2

lcd_rotate=2
display_hdmi_rotate=2

I have similar issues when using this plugin. When playing an album, after the first track, the playing stops. The player seems to be re-playing the first track, however no sound is produced and the play/pause andother controls don’t work anymore. After restarting the client app I can control the playback again. When disabling the DSP plugin, Volumio works normal, no problems.
I am running version 3.129.
FusionDSP version 0.1.0
Log: http://logs.volumio.org/volumiobuster/lWEHQkG.html

Ok. lcd_rotate=2 is a special option for 180 deg. rotation on the original Raspberry Pi Foundation display. I suspect that your display appears as one, but is not 100% compatible as far as this option is concerned. lcd_rotate=2 is expected to be less resource expensive than display_rotate=2 (respectively lcd_display_rotate which is the successor of display_rotate).

Probably I will remove using the special option (lcd_rotate=2) from the next version of the plugin to avoid such issues.

1 Like

Does it occurs with Qobuz only or with local files too?