Volumio 3 RC1 - Open Beta Testing

Thanks! That worked

1 Like

You can use M.A.L.P. for android or some other MPD client to control it remotely.

Volumio3 RC1 version 3.129 is out with the following fixes:

Improvements on x86 cards
Added external Wi Fi Drivers
Fix Artist Album playback
Improved OTA Updater
Fixed CD Playback
Fixed Volumio Kernelsource Command on Pi
Fixed Mounting Internal Drives with ihdd label
Fixed reconnecting USB DAC without rebooting system
Fix Webradio Albumart
Avoid showing MacOs metadata files

Updates are available via OTA, enjoy and thanks for the feedbacks, they are helping us big time!

6 Likes

I just wanted to say I just tried the 3.129 version on a 3B with a HIFI Berry DAC+ pro. So far so good! One thing I can report for sure is that Tidal Connect now works with my DAC in hardware mode!!! On Volumio 2 I always had to put it in software mode. My other big problem with 2 was stability… it was frequently crashing… I will keep an eye on this with Volumio 3. My only wish for 3 is that there is an Equalizer in the settings somewhere (I haven’t found one yet). My bass is a tad weak and like to turn it up. I used a plugin for this with 2, so hopefully 3 will have something soon!

Go in IP/dev and enable plugin test mode.
Then in plugin store you’ll find Fusiondsp a full DSP center.

2 Likes

Thanks, that got me what I needed! Hopefully it doesn’t affect my stability!

1 Like

Hello, I thank you for your hard work on this software. I use Qobuz mainly and would like to know if Genre will be added to the search function? Thanks for your response.

Hello Volumio team
Thank you for the update!
Most of it is almost perfect.
After this update to 3.129, some radio stations are displayed correctly again, but those that were correct before are now empty.

http://logs.volumio.org/volumiobuster/UK5SwBR.html

how do you format your sd cards? i cant do it any way!

Hi,
I am on Version 3.123 on rpi. I am trying to update to version 3.129 but remains stuck on please wait checking updates.
I have another pi and the update from 3. 123 to 3. 129 was ok.
I have disable the installed plugins. Until now everything went smooth regarding Ota updates.
Thanks

1 Like

With the latest Version I can confirm that Audio-CD’s are working now with RPI 4 .
Also the lags when switching between Internet-Radio stations are gone .
No need to click twice sometimes to start an Album on HDD anymore .
Nice work .
B.t.w. 5GHz Wlan is a lot faster with 3.x

My wifi dongle works now but connection is shaky, how do you set wifi region?

Thanks

Download SD formatter and choose overwrite option

I think you accidentally upgraded to a version which does not have OTA. Please from now on stick with normal updates (disable test mode).
Your only way is to reflash this PI

1 Like

Thanks for your fast response but it was v3. 123 which on onother pi was working, 3.123 to 3.129.

Please let us know how it goes for you, either good or bad!

1 Like

Is there a list somewhere (or a server that can be watched) as to which plugins have been ported across to v3 so far?

I need the IR remote plugin to switch over from v2 to v3, but last time I checked (v3.123) it hadn’t been yet. So would be nice to have somewhere I can periodically check to see when it is done so I can upgrade without having to keep swapping over SD cards and booting up the v3 image to check.

Edited to add - is this the best place to keep an eye on?

http://logs.volumio.org/volumiobuster/HmJ8Fhj.html

RPI 3B and HiFiBerry DIGI2 Pro
ALSA error, no such device when attempting to play web radio
Change to Static IP address for the wired connection not shown in Settings > Network nor actioned.

RPI 4, Topping D10s USB DAC
V3.129
Log: http://logs.volumio.org/volumiobuster/E6bhaGN.html
Behavior: complete crash and reboot

Was listening to purchased tracks from Qobuz and went to the UI and Genres. I chose a genre from the list and Volumio crashed.

After some time of waiting, I could hear the “welcome sound” you hear after starting the system.

So far still stable 24 hours later… one other benefit I noticed. I was actually able to unplug and plug it back in for just 10 seconds and it rebooted. Previously with Volumio 2 I need to leave it unplugged for at least 30 minutes or it wouldn’t boot. This is huge for me! Hopefully it keeps up as that was an annoying bug in Volumio 2! Once again I’m running: 3.129 version on a 3B with a HIFI Berry DAC+ pro.