Volumio 3 on Pine A64(+)/ Pine A64-LTS/ SOPINE Compute Module

Unfortunately they are not there, physically.
I’ll remove the links.

would it be possible that you PM me a link for the Pine A64(+)?

Read the previous post, sending you a link to a non-existing image won’t help you.

Ok i understand that you don’t want to share it anymore, I do not understand the reason but I guess you have them. For me that mean I will probably have to find something that runs on top of Armbian and works with the Dac hut. I mybe try kodi headless or i find something else, suggestions are welcome. @gkkpch Thank you big time for all the effort and time you put into that device.

With armbian you will probably not succeed, they were never interested in getting audio to work.
I don’t know how skilled you are, but you are allowed to get your own copy of the build sources and create a local pine64 image. It would not have myVolumio, but basically everything else would work like or better than the old versions.
Have a look at http://github.com/volumio/volumio3-os

Ah niche thank you, looks like the recipe for the Pine64+ is still in there:

If i find time i will try to set up the environment and give it a try.

Yes, all community recipes will be kept “as-is”. If anyone wants to maintain the source and support the versions, even better.

I managed to make a new image, but didn’t test it jet. Is there a reason why it is armv7 and not v8? the pine64 is a Armv8 or not?

Simple: there are no benefits from armv8 at all for a system like ours, there were even initial reports warning against it.
And as it works perfectly with armv7 on a 64bit arm kernel, we decided to skip the additional maintenance effort for armv8 series of the volumio-specific binaries.
We already have our hands full with armv6, armv7 and x86.

interesting thanks for the fast answer!

I tested it for a while now, it is running OK. I sometimes have the problem that volume changes don’t work (using the pine 64 dac shield I2c). And the Spotify plugin is sometimes not working proper with volumio not showing up on my phone to connected (could also be a network problem).
Just if someone is interested :slight_smile:

Just to understand the issue better, could you give some more info?
Hard volume or software volume selected?
For pine64 it is also advised to select volume normalisation.

I selected software volume, because otherwise I can’t change the I2c dac vol level. Everything is working fine normally, but sometimes if I’m connected with Spotify connect and change the volume from my phone, nothing happens. I checked the logs on the dev web interface. There is a massage about vol change. But nothing happens. I will try to safe it the next time it happens.

I will also try the normalisation option.