Volumio 2 on TV box Amlogic S9xxx S8xxx

still on the list…

I will spend time on the weekend to build up this idea, if successful I will be able to experience the cinema android app on tv box in a great way. Thanks for the sharing and the article.

Are we moving up on the todo list?

Hello, can you reupload volumio v2 for s905, because link your share not found ,link dead, please sir… help

niet zeuren, komt er niet sneller door

Unfortunately I can’t, that version does not exist anymore.
A new version need to be built first, it’s on my to do list.
Please do not ask for ETAs.

OK, getting nearer. Started a build a few moments ago.
It does not support aml805 and aml812 devices, only the original @balbes150 aml9xxx scripts.

NOTE: I do not take responsibility for his scripts, I am only running them as a service.

Also, as I do not own any of his targeted devices, feedback from you, users, is very very welcome.
Download link:
http://updates.volumio.org/aml9xxxarmv7/volumio/2.806/volumio-2.806-2020-08-02-aml9xxxarmv7.img.zip

2 Likes

n11
n1

this is a 10usd/pc AML S905 tvbox phicomm N1
Can volumio be install to its EMMC?

Hello gkkpch,

Thanks for the work. I will test this build this week and will post my findings.

Start reading from the beginning of this thread, somewhere there is a link to an Armbian forum post, showing how to do this. I can’t help with that.

Thanks for the work!

I’ve tested this build with AML S905D tvbox phicomm N1.
There’s a problem with WiFi.Connection to SSID always fails.
The connection to hostapd works fine.

1 Like

By the way ,the previous build (volumio-2.603-2019-09-03-vim1.img) works all fine on the same N1 tvbox.

1 Like

As mentioned before, I did not create the Volumio tvbox version, therefore I do not guarantee anything and cannot support it.
balbes150 dropped support ages ago.
The only thing we have left are the kernel and the build sources.
We can only build, not fix anything, you will need to work with what you have.

Thanks very much…

Thanks GK. and I would like to know if volumio is going to release other images for different devices.
Like an android cell phone, so that you can turn it into a portable hifi DSD player.

No plans, Volumio only create images for the most popular arm sbc’s and X86 pc. Officially we have a limited number of supported boards, the rest are all community portings. I have done a few of those, but have no plans for anything like you suggest either, though the idea has been considered a few times, like using a Pinetab as a portable Volumio device. But, who knows what other community members are working on and what they will bring in the future?

Thanks for the work!

Thanks gkkpch.
I installed volumio-2.806-2020-08-02-aml9xxxarmv7.img and tryed it for few minutes. It seems to work very well.
Just for my information, if I would build the image by myself, is there a tutorial or a procedure to do it?

Yes, follow the README instructions on github.com/volumio/Build.
But, you will not have “myVolumio” integrated in private builds.
Any reason to do your own build, something missing?

No. It is just to avoid to stress you each time…
I read shortly the README instructions… it seems just one command…
But I have some questions:

1. You build the image as armv7, but s905x is armv8. Any reason to not use the armv8 architecture?
  2. Which device did you use?

Thanks