Volumio 2 on TV box Amlogic S9xxx S8xxx

No plans, Volumio only create images for the most popular arm sbc’s and X86 pc. Officially we have a limited number of supported boards, the rest are all community portings. I have done a few of those, but have no plans for anything like you suggest either, though the idea has been considered a few times, like using a Pinetab as a portable Volumio device. But, who knows what other community members are working on and what they will bring in the future?

Thanks for the work!

Thanks gkkpch.
I installed volumio-2.806-2020-08-02-aml9xxxarmv7.img and tryed it for few minutes. It seems to work very well.
Just for my information, if I would build the image by myself, is there a tutorial or a procedure to do it?

Yes, follow the README instructions on github.com/volumio/Build.
But, you will not have “myVolumio” integrated in private builds.
Any reason to do your own build, something missing?

No. It is just to avoid to stress you each time…
I read shortly the README instructions… it seems just one command…
But I have some questions:

1. You build the image as armv7, but s905x is armv8. Any reason to not use the armv8 architecture?
  2. Which device did you use?

Thanks

Unfortunately “update image 2018-06-29” is down, it would have been a pity to try volumio 2 on my S905w and S905x3.

We decided not to maintain a 64bit version next to armv7 yet, especially as there is hardly any performance gain (if at all) with our type of board application.

not really sure what you meant with this post, is there something we can help with? Was this one of our or balbes150 downloads?

Thanks for the effort @gkkpch i understand that support is dropped long ago but i am trying to use this on my x96 s905x box with 2 gig of ram. I try a lot of roms with volumio1 and also volumio2 ones and also last one here but no matter what I did I can not connect to WiFi it sees the ssid of the wifi connections but can not connect and then just stucks and the initial setup and I need to reboot device again. Is there any rom that you suggest me to try? I am planning to use only external dac (LG hifi plus) not interested in HDMI or spdif. By the way I also used coreelec and wifi is working perfectly

I do not like to repeat myself, the images were done as a service for people wishing a newer version of something someone else created.
If it does not work, bad luck, we never guaranteed it would, it is unsupported software, point!

This build works well on my Tanix TX8 (S912, 2GB RAM) over Ethernet. Thank you for putting effort to build it!

nice to hear, you’re welcome.

this thread not not about android tv boxes, it is about Volumio running on a TV box.

Hi which dtb file did you use to get it work with S912. Thanks

The one that came with the build. Ethernet was working ok but no WiFi.

I’m not using S912 anymore because it couldn’t handle playing FLAC files from my NAS without popping sounds.

Thanks for your feedback.

thanks for your effort!

does anyone know which image is working for the x96mini 2G (s905w)?
I have already tried:

• gxl_p281_2g.dtb

• kvim.dtb

but no luck

found that s905w works with gxl_p212_2g.dtb & s905x with gxl_p281_1g dtb.img

1 Like

Latest release 2.857 available, see the updated opening post.

1 Like

Thank you!!