Volumio 2 on Orange Pi Boards

Something’s wrong with swaping

swapon: /data/swapfile: swapon failed: Invalid argument

Orange Pi Lite

What about boards with H5 chipset - PC2 and Prime? Have both of them.

On Orange PC2 you need to solder the Board, because one pin H5 is involved on the led.

Soldering is not a problem, need to know only what pins have what signals, schematic is available. H5 has completely different core and will need different kernel. Because I know almost nothing about Linux compile it from sources is not possible for me. BTW Orange Pi zero need soldering also.

I currently put together a player on Orange Pi zero using PCM5122 DAC and it is many times more responsive than my other one on Raspberry
Pi 1B+ (on RPi1 even playback time display is delayed about 6 seconds, startup time is about 5 minutes and library scan takes many hours), but there are two problems with OPi:

1. 88.2kHz & 96kHz recordings play at half speed! 192khz not play and give ALSA error.
  2. there is only one I2S driver for master mode, I hoped to use slave mode in future.
    Is these problems present on all Orange boards? I currently have PC, PC2 and Prime boards also.
    All-ready checked half speed problem with 88.2kHz sample rate is present on OPi PC.
    All was tested on build in first post Volumio-2.406

Builds provided by VyacheslavS Volumio 2.619 and Volumio 2.632 for OPi PC have not working i2s because of excessive jitter (around 1/4 period of bitclock!) that sends DAC in mute because of error. Problem with wrong playback speed at higher bitrates are present also.

Thanks VyacheslavS for your builds.
I tried your 2.632 opi Pc build on opi Pc + and it works great for now.

Hope you continue to release new versions.

If you need someone to test an opi Pc + build (with 8189fs module) , I’m in.

Best regards.

I also found this problem https://forum.armbian.com/topic/12169-i2s-clock-problem/

I can build a new Volumio with the old kernel of armbian. If you’re interested.
Or to wait when will make changes to the new version of the kernel of armbian.

Testing it:
The new version Volumio 2.668 (Orange Pi Lite, Orange Pi PC, Orange Pi One):
>>>link
Changelog link.

hi
got an interesting problem:
orange Pi one and the same cheap DAC as posted on page 8
I receive only distorted sound on start up and while playing anything
tried earlier builds, your latest one and still no result
it seems like i’m missing smth 'cause in console I don’t see sun4i-codec running
I can’t change the volume and so on

volumio@volumio:~$ aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: I2Smaster [I2S-master], device 0: 1c22000.i2s-pcm5102a-hifi pcm5102a-hifi-0 []
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: allwinnerhdmi [allwinner,hdmi], device 0: 1c22800.i2s-i2s-hifi i2s-hifi-0 []
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

thanks

Tested new version from VyacheslavS post (2.668) on Orange PC:

1. excessive jitter is gone and i2s dac (pcm5122) as slave is working again
  2. bitrates are not very precise - 44.1 gives 44.06 and 48 gives 47,94
  3. 88.2 and 96 plays at half speed as before

To use orange pi for any serious audio bug with higher bitrates must be found.
Driver to use dac in master mode would be even better.
Some attempts as i see are already made at ua3nbw.ru/all/i2s-slave-orangepi/

Testing it:
Volumio 2.668 (Orange Pi Lite, Orange Pi PC, Orange Pi One):
>>>link
Changelog link.

with 2.668 (older 4.14 kernel) I2S seems to works well with 44.1hHz and 48kHz, the 88,2kHz and 96kHz at half speed remains but i think it’s not related to volumio.

I use it with an usb dac and it’s rock solid since i installed if.
Hope we could continue to get updates frequently.

Thanks a lot VyacheslavS .

Hi and many thanks for building the volumio image for an orange pi zero (h2).
get most things running, BUT not the wifi.

Does anyone have any idea how to get it working. (i know its an issue in the armbian kernel).
But is there anyone who can complie an new image (newer the 2018) for the orange pi zero (h2) with volumio.

is see with an newer kernel (only armbian) is running with the f…xr819 wifi chip. or are you think its better to use a wifi dongle (about 1,5$)…

many thanks.
rr

The new version Volumio 2.692 (Orange Pi Lite, Orange Pi PC, Orange Pi One).
Testing it:
>>>link
Changelog link.

Hi, did you get the PC+ with internal Wifi working? Modprobing 8189fs module didn’t do anything for me …

Thanks,
regards,

I can’t check the operation of the WiFi on OPi PC plus. I don’t have that Board.

Hi guys,

I am using Orange PI PC paired with PCM5122. 48kHz works fine, 96kHz work at half speed as reported, but 44.1kHz & 88.2kHz doesn’t work at all for me. Any ideas why?

hi :wink:

if someone has Orange Pi Zero then can upload the image from Orange Pi One, works nicely with USB audio cards, of course WiFi is missing, but Lan works. Checked on Orange Pi Zero 512MB RAM Quad-Core H2 + usb Audigy 2 NX

The new version Volumio 2.703 (Orange Pi Lite, Orange Pi PC, Orange Pi One).
Testing it:
>>>link
Changelog link.