Volumio 1.5 for Raspberry PI Feedback Thread

Hello guys!
Thanks Michelangelo for great work!
I have RPi B+.
Volumio looks fine on my computers and tablets, but smartphones.
I have extra circle on the top of the screen.
Is there any way to avoid it?
music.jpg

I’ve just set up a Pi B+ with Hifiberry+ and Volumio 1.5 and it works fine…

I do have the same issue as others have reported, though, that the ‘Library’ page is completely empty - as others have said, I assume this is because I have two many tracks - about 27,000. I can use ‘mpc’ on the command line and see all the tags OK, though, so mpd knows about them, I guess it is whatever does the interface that is failing. This doesn’t stop me using the Pi of course, but I would find it useful if it did work!

Mike D

May I suggest to pin major information like :

It’s vital to know that any upgrade will kill our beloved Volumio.

Note that :

apt-get update
apt-get install python-dev

Kill mpd…

:unamused:
I think it’s a problem linked to the lib versus ARM instruction of our little RPi :

I’d be glad to help testing, as I’m now a Pro of win32diskimager :laughing:
Once again, you do a GREAT GREAT job from Volumio coding to BLOG and Forum support, thank you.

Your right, now you’ll have to read like 10 pages…

Ill try to remember to make a “Confirmed bug list” or something like that for reference when future releases are released :slight_smile:

Thanks you, I hope you can solve the problem in a future release, as I like to try to add the RF remote command to my Volumio setup and pip seems mandatory.

hi,

i don’t know if it’s a bug or not, but if i’m playing mp3 files, the playback screen will shows “Stereo - 24 bit”, but playing FLAC files it will shows the right bit. Thanks.

Raspberry Pi B+
Volumio 1.5

Hi,

First post to this forum, so apologies in advance for any formatting issues and omissions.

System configuration is Volumio 1.5 on a raspberry pi B+ with a hifiberry Digi+ connected to a Wadia 151 powerDAC and Harbeth speakers. System sounds great and there are no playback issues.

When connected via ethernet to the home network, all is well. When I try using a USB dongle to connect wirelessly, the system playback continues without issue. However, the web page becomes unusable. System will continue to play through the list and eventually I have to cycle power to bring the interface back to life.

A continuous ping to the interface will be flawless under ethernet, but the ping will have dropped packets when using the dongle. When testing, either the ethernet or wireless was used. At no time were both enabled simulatneously. Two separate wifi dongles were used but I can’t confirm if they used different chipsets.

Also, the volumio system comprises three components; 1) the raspberry pi and digi+, 2) A usb 3.0 powered hub, and 3) An external usb sad with the music library. The raspberry pi is powered off the usb hub. I use the configuration to avoid power issues with the pi. It has worked successfully in the past.

If I am to hazard a guess, I believe that the USB dongle simply loads down the usb bus too much for it to be effective.

Has anyone else had these issues?

I can be reached at robert “at” open-systems.ca

Overall, I am happy with Volumio and will be keeping it as my default config. It would be nice to get the USB interface working but it is not a deal breaker at this time.

cheers, and thanks for your time.

rob…

Hello,

I am afraid that i am very new to linux as well as volumio.
I followed this guide typingoutloud.org/raspberry-pi-i … io-pibang/

to setup volumio using the latest rasbbian instead of pibang.

so i am able to ssh to my raspberry and when i connect i see a volimio banner wich suggests that volumio is running.

however i am not able to connect to volumio at all volumio.local/ does not resolve on a networked pc and entering my pi’s ip adress directly results in 404 not found.

What can i do to debug this situation? what logs can i look at?

i looked ad nginx error loggings and found this but i have no idea how to proceed.

2015/01/22 20:16:33 [error] 2128#0: *1 connect() failed (111: Connection refused) while connecting to upstream, client: 192.168.0.149, server: , request: “GET / HTTP/1.1”$
2015/01/22 20:16:33 [error] 2128#0: *1 open() “/etc/nginx/html/50x.html” failed (2: No such file or directory), client: 192.168.0.149, server: , request: “GET / HTTP/1.1”$
2015/01/22 20:16:51 [error] 2128#0: *1 open() “/var/www/volumio” failed (2: No such file or directory), client: 192.168.0.149, server: , request: “GET /volumio HTTP/1.1”,$
2015/01/22 20:27:03 [error] 2128#0: *7 connect() failed (111: Connection refused) while connecting to upstream, client: 192.168.0.149, server: , request: “GET / HTTP/1.1”$
2015/01/22 20:27:03 [error] 2128#0: *7 open() “/etc/nginx/html/50x.html” failed (2: No such file or directory), client: 192.168.0.149, server: , request: “GET / HTTP/1.1”$

I’m still getting the 500 internal server error when running apt-get update for the volumes packages (see bottom code in de quoted section)

This is the problem I posted in another tread. Is there any solution?

Hi,

I executed apt-get upgrade on Volumio 1.5 for Raspberry pi, then the kernel 3.18.5+ has been introduced.
Then, Volumio could not mount the NAS through cifs — permission denied.
The NAS worked well with Volumio 1.5 Raspi before the upgrade.

The problem has been solved, by modifying “advanced options” in the Library-NAS panel of the Volumio WebUI. Add “sec=ntlm” in “Mount options” box, such as “ro,dir_mode=0777,file_mode=0777,sec=ntlm”. (The former half is the default)

The “sec=ntlm” oughts to be the default security setting of mount.cifs, however, the explicit description was needed for mounting the NAS.

It was just a report.

yjo

Hi all,

I loved this project from the moment I laid my eyes on it.
Now that it’s getting more mature and I got a new RPI2 (thus having a spare B),
I decided to give Volumio another try on the B! :smiley:

“Setup” went very smooth. (Settings, NAS, …)
The problems began when I wanted to clear all webradio streams, seems like I can’t remove them
from the web gui? So I SSH’ed in and found the mpd folder, cleared all unwanted streams (all).

Then I added one of my own through the webgui.
This was the URL I added: nostalgiewhatafeeling.ice.infoma … 28.mp3.m3u
I named it Nostalgie and checked if it worked. Nothing happened. I then tried renaming the pls file to m3u and edited the
url in the file (SSH…) so it ended with the mp3 part instead of m3u. I worked! (this can be reported as a bug or maybe information about
the format is missing?)

Next I wanted to try out Spotify functionality of course! :wink:
I checked out the Volumio android app (more on this later) and the Send to volumio android app.
I rushed out trying to send a playlist to Volumio but got an error so first I upgraded my Spotify account to Premium… :stuck_out_tongue:
Then I restarted the spotify app, closed the web-gui and tried sending a playlist again, this time with a message saying
success but nothing happened on Volumio. Then I realized I had to setup my account details… Lol, yes I know, I was rushing things…
Filled in details and rebooted. Tried sending a playlist, still nothing…
I decided to try playing Spotify from the web-gui instead.
When I went to Browse, I saw a folder called SPOTIFY but when I selected it, it dissapeared? :confused:
I have since then not been able to get anything Spotify related wroking… I tried disabling, rebooting, enabling, …
Is there anything else I could try?

I also feel that my “huge” library on my NAS is no match for Volumio (16GB +3.400 files in 1 folder).
Slow performance for playlist, playback, …
Best option I got is add to playlist, set to random and play.
That works fine! :wink:

I feel that Volumio has a very strong backend for the device it has to run on but
it is lacking a native app. I know that there’s an app that can connect to Volumio
but seriously guys, you need your own (non-phonegapped) native app (at least for android :slight_smile:)

I will report back here with more bugs if I find any! :wink:

grtz

Stanny

I can confirm the Web-radio UI problem on a Pi B.
Adding stations using the web-UI results in the station appearing in the Webradio sources listings but it cannot be played or added to a playlist.
There seems to be no way to edit any stations listing ?? or am I missing something ??

The equivalent functions on the Tcmods rewrite work fine including editing.
tcmods.org/

Hi Michelangelo

I’d like to report some bugs with the 1.5 version. I use Volumio since the 1.4 version with a cubox-i2.
The first bug was common with the 1.4 version but I’havn’t identified the problem yet. When the playlist switchs from one track to another, the system breaks down when the two tracks havn’t the same format (from applelossless to mp4 file for instance). I’ve found a solution in resampling the audio file in 24Bbits/44.1Khz (playback page) but I think I’ve lost the bitperfect benefit.
I’m used to listening the BBC business dayly from the BBC world service. I don’t know why but it has appeared with the 1.5 volumio version. Volumio stops and starts again after few seconds. I’ve got other fench podcasts but it’s the only one to show this problem up.
Concerning the webradios, I’ve lot my national french stations with the new volumio version (france inter, france info, france culture etc…).
I think it’s important to give you the information. I hope you will find the time to fix these problems in the next months. Many thanks for your work. It’s a true pleasure to listen to volumio everyday.

Regards

Gribouille

Our whatsapp chat chat.whatsapp.com/CpOMbDoNfehFwelRxbr4Wf as you requested