Update 2.224 to 2.225

Confirm - I needed the same command to proceed, and now it is updating.

Thanks,

Arjen

I’m in the update trap with my RPI3B and Hifiberry DAC+ from 2.224 to 2.225:

First method: file
Just create or copy a file called ssh in /boot . You can do it right after flashing Volumio, by creating it in the “Boot” partition of your SD Card.

I have no idea, what that means. How can I create something on the SD card partition /boot ?

Second method: DEV UI
“Navigate to the DEV ui by pointing your browser to VOLUMIOIP/DEV or volumio.local/DEV . Find the SSH section, and click enable. From now on your SSH will be permanently enabled.”

I get no contact with DEV UI neither via http:// VOLUMIOIP/DEV nor via volumio/playback works well.

And now, do I have to remain on 2.224 forever?

Kind regard

If you want to test development versions & provide feedback that is fine (enable the test mode in /dev), but for a much more carefree existence just stick to the official releases, which should update fine :wink:.

If volumio/dev
Over there, you can switch on SSH.

My Update button on 2.224 was unresponsive too, and SSH disabled. Following the tips in the thread though solved the problem. Thanks guys.

I was having the same issue where the Check Updates button did nothing. Updating the ld.so cache using ldconfig did not solve it, but I could see the cache file was getting updated.

Poking around a bit more I found /usr/local/bin/volumio-remote-updater and saw that it was not running. Tried rebooting and powering off and it was still not running after boot.

Running by hand seemed to work. I put it in the background with:

$ nohup /usr/local/bin/volumio-remote-updater &

Update via web interface worked fine after that and following reboot now running 2.246 and I see volumio-remote-updater now running.

I’m having the same issue. The update button does nothing.

The volumio-remote-updater process crushes after I push the update button with the following:

curl_easy_perform() failed: Couldn’t connect to server
terminate called after throwing an instance of ‘std::invalid_argument’
what(): parse error - unexpected end of input
Aborted

Where is it trying to go?

System version 2.246

Hi all,

I have the same problem of previous users. Moreover I cannot enable SSH from the /dev page. I reach the /dev page but clicking on the ENABLE button seems to be irrelevant. Well, i see a little change in the behavior so I am pretty sure that the button is linked: when I click on DISABLE the error message from PuTTY is “Connection refused” while when i click on ENABLE the message is “Server unexpectedly closed network connection”. Any idea ?

++ Edited
Whe the SSH is enabled (from the /dev page) I can connect using a raw connection on port 22 (i.e. using telnet or PuTTY) but no messages (just the title SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_6.7p1 Raspbian-5+deb8u3) and cannot send commands (pressing enter just close the window). I have a RPi 3 with Allo Piano and Kali.

Here is the message when the window close:
SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_6.7p1 Raspbian-5+deb8u3

Protocol mismatch.

Thank you in advance,
Matteo

When you press to enable SSH in dev page, expect no feedback from the Ui. But SSH is enabled. Connect to your device using its Ip and volumio as user. Password is volumio

I needed to run that command to upgrade past 2.224 as well.

Worked for me too!

Thanks!

Thanks alot, this did the trick for me too.

The ssh refused the connection. Still blocked. :frowning:

I connected the device (RPi3) directly to a monitor with a keyboard, using volumio/volumio as credentials. The I entered the suggested command “sudo ldconfig -v” and restarted Volumio. I was finally able to perform the update.

:smiley: Now everithing works fine (I also configured the Allo Piano as a Allo Piano 2.1 so no sound, but now it works)

Thank you all

Matteo

Hi,

i had the same problem with 1 of my 3…
sudo ldconfig -v did it.
Thank you

Same issue for me.
Haven’t tried to upgrade since July (2.224) but git no response from Upgrade button in web interface.
A few Google searches and installing Termius on my Chromebook allowed me to SSH in to Volumio, run the handy code (sudo ldconfig -v), restarted the Pi via Volumio and tried to uopdate anew - BINGO - SUCCESS!
I love it when things eventually work after 45 minutes of frustrated typing and tinkering.
Keep up the good work, Volumio-people.
Nibbos