System does not boot after update to 3.569

Hi, try to update to latest version, after reboot I get this screen, not sure what to do, any help appreciated.

Thanks

did you have multiple OS installed in your sd-card?

peppymeter installed? obviously not compatible and not supported.

1 Like

No, just one install of volumio and I just update each time there is a new version.

I do have peppymeter installed, i disabled the plugin before install like I do each time i update volumio…that’s a bummer if peppy is not supported!

peppymeter, even if not officially supported, should work

from what I see in the screenshot you posted, there are problem loading the volumio squashfs image

this could be caused by a faulty sd-card, you could try re-flashing the image but there is the risk of facing the same problem again in the future

my suggestion is to get a new SD-card of a good brand and start from scratch

Ok, will try with a new SD card…painfull that all my set-up will be gone :cry:

I put the orginal sd card in my pc and it loads up perfectly fine??
Think it has something to do with my userconfig file, I’m using a 1024x600 generic chinese touchscreen, it’s been working perfect with volumio since day1.

I did a fresh install and volumio loaded up fine, I then copied across my userconfig file to boot folder by using filezilla then volumio wouldn’t load again!

Add your custom config.txt options to this file, which will be preserved during updates

initramfs volumio.initrd
#GPU_MEM=32
max_usb_current=1
dtparam=audio=on
audio_pwm_mode=2
dtparam=i2c_arm=on
disable_splash=1
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
hdmi_group=2
hdmi_mode=1
hdmi_mode=87
hdmi_cvt 1024 600 60 6 0 0 0
hdmi_drive=1

include userconfig.txt

Touch Display gpu_mem setting below: do not alter

gpu_mem=128

I suggest to check the line endings in “/boot/userconfig.txt” are “LF” not “CRLF”.

The screenshot shows that it is more likely that something is wrong with cmdline.txt.
volumio.initrd cannot find the image partition, can’t proceed and then drops to a shell.

Thanks all, I’ve resolved it…i’ve updated userconfig file to the below now, all seems to be working fine.

Add your custom config.txt options to this file, which will be preserved during updates

hdmi_group=2
hdmi_mode=1
hdmi_mode=87
hdmi_cvt 1024 600 60 6 0 0 0
hdmi_drive=1

the file config.txt must not be changed!

all your custom settings must go into the file userconfig.txt

moved to a separate thread, for not polluting the changelog one

Before upgrading Volumio, make an image backup of your SD card with Win32DiskImager. Safes you a lot of hassle in case an upgrade goes bonkers :wink:.

1 Like

Good shout, will do one for sure.

Thanks