Spotify wont accept my username and password again

The same here in the Netherlands.
From the above comments, it is clear to me that it is not a geographical problem.
I hope the core Volumio team will hand-over this plugin maintenance soon and don’t wait too long for a community developer to solve the problem.

2 Likes

Quick question while the Spotify plugin is modified …

From what I can tell, the Spotify Connect2 plugin makes a Volumio box appear on the native Spotify app’s list of potential output devices. That’s fine. But, on my iPhone, that’s already the case via AirPlay: I can select a Volumio box as an AirPlay destination, after which I hear Spotify on Volumio. So in this case, is there a benefit from installing the Connect2 plugin? Is the quality better than with AirPlay?

1 Like

When you use airplay, your iPhone must stay on, sending data, using its battery.
Spotify connect is just a ‘remote’ to tell Volumio to play. You can even power off your phone :wink:

Thank you very much for sharing.
I have installed piCorePlayer as indicated in the video and I have also connected the music of my Synology NAS and now I have everything working correctly again.
The web interface is great, the same in the Mac Browser as in the iPhone.
I am happy!!

Update on the matter:

We already started working on the integration of the 2 plugins, so to restore browsing functionality from Volumio’s UI and still keep the Connect functionality.

Bear with us, we are really busy with lots of things (software for new products, new certifications, new wizard, new apps and so on) so it will not be super quick.

The good news is that the POC I’ve assembled today works well already, so we are already at a good point.

The final plan is to get this going as quickly as possible and then hand it over to a community member for maintenance (thanks to the devs that responded so far, you’ll be contacted shortly).

20 Likes

OMG… thank you so much for making me understand how to use this :star_struck:

UPDATE 2:

Although it’s been more complicated than anticipated, the authentication part is done. What I wanted to avoid is 2 different logins. This part is now done, and just one login in spotify is necessary.

Next step is to hook the connect daemon to playback from Volumio’s UI, wish me luck :wink:

16 Likes

Thank you very much! So basically it will be all spotify connect and Volumio will just be a remote controller. I noticed a big sound quality difference between playing spotify on Volumio(or From windows using my minidsp shd as a usbdac) and using spotify connect.

Is there any setting, config or condition on connect that would make it go to lower bitrate? Is that something you know or can check while in there…

Well done!! Keep it up!!:sweat_smile:

@metro thanks for the advice although it is working I am stumbling into a problem.
I left a tablet onsite.
I open up Spotify and logon as User1 and play playlist1, then open up devices and play on player 1.
Logout Spotify and goto User2 etc.
All that part works.
I log on to the players and tick repeat all.

The issue I have is they seem to lose the stream, or just simply stop playing and you have to repeat the process.

I can VPN into the site, sadly I can’t open Spotify on my laptop and do the process I do on the tablet. I assume that it doesn’t broadcast across the VPN.

Does anyone else have any other tips for leaving these suckers running?

Hello
You need activate the Spotify plugin in configuration tab on logitech Media Server.
You can find it with the http://Pi_ip:9000/material/settings/server/basic.html
and choose the plugins section in the menu at the top of the screen.
regards

@glueit I think Spotify Connect on the device will disconnect if the playlist ends, or interrupted by a connection problem.
I found this article and have an idea, but I am not able to try it myself at this time:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/Security-hole-Remote-control-devices-on-other-networks-through/td-p/4577666
Try the following. On each of the Volumio devices, in the Spotify Connect2 installed plugin settings, turn off Multi-User Device and enter the Spotify user and password you want for that device.
Start up the playlists as before.
From your laptop or tablet on a different network, login to Spotify with one of the accounts and see if it connects to the Volumio device. The big question is whether it will stay connected on the Spotify account. I don’t have an answer.

Unfortunately the regular Spotify plugin (not Spotify Connect2) is broken right now (the topic of this thread). If it was working, a MyVolumio subscription would let you connect to a Volumio device remotely, then you can play and control Spotify on the remote device.

UPDATE 3:

Managed to get everything working. Connect functionality works and so does playback from local UI.
Nice thing about it is that you need a single login and a single plugin.

As of now coding is really ugly and messy, so now will fix and clean this up and ask for some public beta-testing before release. The goal is to have something testable before the weekend.

16 Likes

Great news, is the new plugin depending on distro’s or will it work for all? (x86/pi/…)

Idea is that it will be released for all hardwares

5 Likes

I’d be happy with helping testing

1 Like

great news!

1 Like

I can help with testing. RPI / iqaudio / volumio 3.x

1 Like

I need to upgrade my volumio 2 though? or can I simply update the plugin in volumio 2 when finished?
(not a big deal for me, just asking for conveniently keeping my settings and playlists etc…)
And thanks for everything! This is all amazing!

1 Like

Yes, Volumio 2 is no longer mantained and so do its plugins.

Volumio 3 is fully stable as of now, and I think you will find the overall experience much better than 2.

To not loose your playlists I sugest you to subscribe to MyVolumio (the trial will do) before upgrading, this way you will find your playlists after the update thanks to the cloud backup.

4 Likes