Spotify wont accept my username and password again

As @balbuze noted, there is only one Spotify Connect plug-in for Volumio. It works great.

1 Like

Dear Skikirkwood,

Please let me know to install method the Spotify Connected plug-in for Volumio.

1 Like

I really needed Spotify - bit of messing around to install but this works well and actually a nice interface to see artist song info etc

1 Like

Dear PhilDaintree,

Wow, the piCorePlayer with LMS works great!
I will try to install piCorePlayer with LMS.
Yesterday, I tried to install LMS plugin on Volumio but I don’t know the player with LMS and so I gave up to install more…

1 Like

If we are still talking about “Native” Spotify plugin (2.0.3 version) this one doesn’t work for me. Volumio 3.198

It does not work for any of us due to the reason discussed above. The suggested solution until it is hammered out is to use the plugin I highlighted on the screenshot below:

or via the LMS server plugin.

1 Like

Thank you. I have installed this plugin as you suggest but Spotify it still not listed in music sources.

1 Like

You use the Spotify app with Spotify Connect and choose Volumio as your output destination

2 Likes

You can only cast the music stream from a device to Volumio. From a desktop client it looks like this:

3 Likes

aa, I see now:-). it’s basically an Airplay streaming right? Thank you

1 Like

Hi,

Looking at spotify connect option. To me the sound quality seems worse than with the Spotify plulgin. Is this possible?

Laurent.

I am just shooting in the dark but I believe the quality of the stream on the device from which you cast is set to lower than what you are used to. Set it to max and see if it makes any differences.

2 Likes

It’s like installing any other plug-in. Go to Plugins in the left sidebar → Installed Plugins → Music Services → Volumio Spotify Connect 2

Having read the above, this has taken out a few sites for me.

I get this plugin is free and the API is cactus.

Sadly I did roll out a few of these solutions and relied on Spotify to do the magic.
Will this fix be a short term one or a lengthy one?

If you went premium on Volumio do you get any other way of integrating to Spotify or does it use the same plugin?
None of my players are connected to Spotify now. It is by far a dark day in music land.
Big pats on the back to Volumio and also the programmers behind the plugin in the first place.

Thanks took your advice and installed Spotify Connect 2. Took a while to work it out but it is definitely worth it.

So much easier for my technophobe family than the native plug in.

All plug-ins are gone but FusionDSP. Uninstalled Spotify plug-ins and they are gone

They are back.

1 Like

The issue is you can’t select audio quality from the Spotify app when playing on another device and it doesn’t sound like 320kbps

3 Likes

The same is true for me, spotify connect has a significantly lower audio quality compared to spotify on volumio.

I wish they fix this soon, whoever that is but I think minidsp should put some money on the fix too. That’s pretty much the only reason I bought the minidsp shd instead of just keeping my old setup that also used spotify connect and adding a minidsp ddrc24.

5 Likes