[Solved] Again: NAS via SMB/CIFS and shares in general

I also would like to be able to connect using the web interface, but I wasn’t able and I had to go through the command line.
Well, at least I don’t risk someone connecting to the GUI and deleting the share :slight_smile: (add/remove of shares should be protected somehow).

A couple of questions: 1) how do I install autofs, and 2) how do I configure /etc/auto.nas?

autoFS is a normal Debian package, you can use apt-get.
The /etc/auto.nas can be opened with a text editor and edited that way.

Thanks, but you assume I know how to use nano, which unfortunately I don’t.

I suppose you connect via SSH.
launch:
$ nano /etc/auto.nas
then now you paste the line like mine and you modify the parts that you need different. You can move around using the arrows on the keyboard and when you are ready you press Control+O and then Y to save, then Control+X to exit.
nano sometimes splits long lines. before saving be sure that the line with the settings is still on a single line.

Thank you. I’ve tried it all, but still no luck.

It’s one of the main issues left in the distro.

Ok, I tackled it.
Just want to know if this works with you guys. You can use your existing Volumio setup, but I’d suggest you to take a backup or flash a new SD with 1.4 in case something goes wrong.
So, to test the new NAS handling please do:

1- Connect via SSH
2- Install cifs-utils

sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install cifs-utils
3- Update WebUI

cd /home/volumio sh sh webuiupdate.sh
4- Once finished, reboot. Hit ctrl+f5 on your browser to refresh the cache.
5- Try to mount your NAS.

please report here if it works

What was the problem? At the end I can connect without cifs-utils, I only needed the correct advanced options that, in the past Volumio 1.2, I had to use with cifs-utils too.

I removed the noatime options, the cache=strict option and when no username is selected Volumio logs as guest.
So you confirm this works? Even without installing cifs-utils?
If yes, this is a good news!

I’ll check tomorrow when I get home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I haven’t flashed the clean image yet, but in my case I needed “sec=ntlmv2” too to login (the SMB server is not Samba on Linux, it’s a kernel module on OpenSolaris).

To make things clear: you were able to mount your NAS from the WebUI? You added sec=ntlmv2 from the advanced panel from UI?

Exactly, from that panel I added “ro,noatime,sec=ntlmv2” and my share worked.

Later I uninstalled Samba (as written in the thread about my script) because I don’t want Volumio to share anything: it must only TAKE files from the other shares.
No cifs-utils was installed, but everything works.

I run:

pi@volumio:~$ dpkg --get-selections ... samba deinstall samba-common deinstall ...

that means the preferences are there, but the package is no more in my Volumio.
No cifs-* is listed in that output.

When I entered sh sh webuiupdate.sh this is what I got:
sh: 0: Can’t open sh

Is this correct? Should I continue with the rest of the instructions, do something different or abort?

“sh” is repeated, write it once.

Thanks Lag-na. I managed to complete the process, but I have been unable to mount it. My setup is Drobo (not a NAS version) attached to my iMac.

Unless there are other suggestions I’ll switch back to my other card and continue through NFS.

Wait a couple of days and maybe I will prepare a new thread with complete help.
In the meanwhile, wait before executing the script suggested above, I am waiting for an answer from michelangelo.

I’ll watch out for it. Many thanks.

check here
smb-cifs-shares-volumio-t1461.html