Smb share with USB drive. Smb conf help needed

Hello,
I need to create a separate share in smb.config that maps to the root of the USB device I want to share directly. This will allow me to show the correct free space for the disk, etc. currently a USB drive shows up, but I onlly see the internal SD card capacity, not the external USB

I know how to ssh, I know how to edit the smb.conf file. However, I do NOT know what to put in the config to make the hardrive show it’s free space and NOT the internal storage. My USB drive is located at dev/sda1

drive is formatted at EXT4 and is 500gb currently it’s only showing the internal storage
thanks for the help!!

(Also, yes, I’m aware of the following, just need to know what to type in my smb.conf)
It seems that because /mnt/USB is being shared, which is part the root file system, Samba was reporting the size of the root file system and not the size of the USB. Changing smb.conf to point to the mount point of the USB stick it now reports the correct size.

Here is my current smb.conf

[global]
netbios name = Volumio
server string = Volumio Audiophile Music Player
workgroup = WORKGROUP
security = user
map to guest = Bad User
encrypt passwords = yes
wins support = yes
local master = no
preferred master = no
os level = 30

[Internal Storage]
comment = Volumio Internal Music Folder
path = /data/INTERNAL
read only = no
guest ok = yes

[USB]
path = /mnt/USB
read only = no
guest ok = yes

[NAS]
path = /mnt/NAS
read only = no
guest ok = yes

volumio doesn’t use ext4 try fat or ex-fat and you need a powered drive
so not any without extra power most of the times. that is my 2cents…

What makes you say that a a linux based OS doesn’t support EXT4. it mounts just fine, Also, it’s been recommended numerous times in these forums. Can you show me documentation that says that EXT4 is not supported?

mounting drives works better with the other file systems… find it your self i have no
doc’s to show all i do is read a lot of form…

Ok, the drive mounts. formatting my drive it not my issue, my issue is below.
It seems that because /mnt/USB is being shared, which is part the root file system, Samba is reporting the size of the root file system and not the size of the USB. Changing smb.conf to point to the mount point of the USB stick it now reports the correct size. Do you know how my smb.conf needs to be configured to correct this? That’s really my issue here.

some file systems seems to mount better than others…

This is how I fixed it

[DISK]

comment = usb share
    path = /media/500
    public=yes
    guest ok = yes
    browseable = yes
    writeable = yes

nice, i only have a usbstick in my rpi 4 glad you found a solution…