Prerequisites

Volumio Information

Volumio Version: 2.861
Hardware: Raspberry Pi 4
DAC: WaveIO + DDDAC1543

Debug Log

http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/ZhGUoE2.html

Steps to Reproduce

1. Go to a list of tracks you want to select from to play.
  2. Click on a track.
  3. Another, random track will play instead.

Additional Information

Sometimes, selecting a track 2 o3 tree tracks away from your selection may make the track you want play.

Your log shows some errors:

error: Cannot explode uri tidal://mymusic/tracks/az/113628819 from service tidal:
Jan 15 06:50:26 volumio-rax volumio[1001]: error: Cannot explode uri tidal://mymusic/tracks/az/94348879 from service tidal:
Jan 15 06:50:26 volumio-rax volumio[1001]: error: Cannot explode uri tidal://mymusic/tracks/az/70746510 from service tidal:
Jan 15 06:50:27 volumio-rax volumio[1001]: error: Cannot explode uri tidal://mymusic/tracks/az/91943250 from service tidal:
Jan 15 06:50:27 volumio-rax volumio[1001]: error: Cannot explode uri tidal://mymusic/tracks/az/88458606 from service tidal:
Jan 15 06:50:27 volumio-rax volumio[1001]: error: Cannot explode uri tidal://mymusic/tracks/az/35284567 from service tidal:
Jan 15 06:50:27 volumio-rax volumio[1001]: error: Cannot explode uri tidal://mymusic/tracks/az/88458610 from service tidal:
Jan 15 06:50:27 volumio-rax volumio[1001]: error: Cannot explode uri tidal://mymusic/tracks/az/88458609 from service tidal:
Jan 15 06:50:27 volumio-rax volumio[1001]: error: Cannot explode uri tidal://mymusic/tracks/az/88458611 from service tidal:
Jan 15 06:50:27 volumio-rax volumio[1001]: error: Cannot explode uri tidal://mymusic/tracks/az/113628825 from service tidal:

These messages indicate some tracks could not be added to the queue. I think Volumio doesn’t handle this gracefully and bluntly plays the track at the specified position in the playlist. So if you play track 10 from a playlist that has 20 songs, and for whatever reason the first 9 tracks could not be added, then track 19 in the playlist will be played instead (because track 19 in the playlist will become track 10 in the queue).

I wonder if there’s a known fix. Software update on RPI?
I’m accruing a list of bugs like this and it seems that maybe Volumio core OS may be due an update?..

Is there any interest in the support team to fix this? Respond in any way? I’m getting very frustrated by not being able to use Volumio at all.
It’s been two weeks since I posted this and there’s been absolutely no word form the development team or support.

HI,
I am clicking on a certain track and want it to play - there’s no queue issue here. I am not trying to create a queue.
It’s a very simple and extremely frustrating issue where I am selecting a track to play and a random other play from my Tidal does. Absolutely no possibility to play the track I want.

No, it’s a queuing issue. Volumio maintains a single common queue that contains the tracks to be played.

This is what’s supposed to happen:

1. Say you are inside an album that has 10 songs and you want to play song #6. So you click on that song.
  2. The queue gets cleared and Volumio adds the 10 songs in the album to the queue.
  3. The queue now has Songs #1, #2, #3…up to #10.
  4. Volumio plays song at position 6 from the queue, which is song #6.

My understanding of what happened in your case is this:

1. You click on song #6
  2. The queue gets cleared and Volumio adds the 10 songs in the album to the queue, BUT for some reason some songs could not be added. Let’s say songs #4 and #5 could not be added (and you can spot this in the logs with the “Cannot explode uri” errors).
  3. The queue now has these songs: #1, #2, #3, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10. There are no #4 and #5 because they failed to be added.
  4. Volumio still tries to play the song at position 6 from the queue, which happens to be song #8.

The queuing and playback mechanism is provided by Volumio’s core, so you will see the same behaviour across all music services, not just Tidal.

Thank you for helping with this.

This only seems to happen in “My Music” - “Tracks,” but not if I play an entry at “Albums.”

If I try to play certain songs from albums, they seem to be selected properly, not randomly. But personally, I tend to have favorite songs from certain albums, and have them in “Tracks,” where I almost always play them from (unless, again, I intend to play the entire album) - which is also why, to bring here more information, I had to go to “Albums” and intentionally play certain tracks. And why I initially really observed this faulty behavior only at “Tracks.”

Also, I haven’t been using Volumio yet outside of Tidal, and so I am not sure if the same out occur elsewhere.

Some users have been reporting this issue as well (not being able to play a track from favorites or playlist). I believe the Volumio devs are working on it.

I’m coming back to Volumio after a long time away and I’ve just tried playing tracks from a Tidal playlist with this error occurring still.