Hello - Runeaudio user giving volumio a whirl
First, the reasons - while I am pretty happy with with Rune - problem is that I am not 100% sure development is progressing - there are bugs that bother me quite a lot that have been there for years… so when I saw the new release of Volumio 2, checked the forums and saw vibrant active development, decided to give it a try, so downloaded and installed Volumio 2.030.
First the questions
This is a must - I don’t need the convenience of software volume control - I want bit perfect playback, with volume control on external gear. Had to tweak the /etc/mpd.conf file to disable the mixer - it looks like that works; however, it looks like any change to the playback options will be the return of software volume control. Is there any other (better) way to do this.
I am EXTREME apprehensive about this. I have curated my collection’s metadata very carefully over the years - I scan my own album covers, to avoid the crap available out there in the internet. Volumio 2 is still scanning my HD and I see some covers from who the f***k knows where, that obviously I did not add to the file. Pls tell me that:
- Volumio is not tagging the files with those crappy covers
- There is a way to make volumio respect the currently tagged covers?
- Not crazy about the green - is there a way to change this?
Now the good
- Love the collection album view ( assuming, of course, as per above, there is a way to make it display MY covers).
- The bugs in runeaudio that have been bothering me are not there!
- I am repeating myself, but the library handling is way better
Keep up the good work! I would really appreciate if someone could address my questions above - thnx in advance!