RPi-DAC is now Durio Sound

Fantastic job! :wink:
Let me understand your creation!

1. Durio Dual Mono
  2. RPi b+
  3. Case and power switch
  4. HD SSD connected to RPi.
    All seem powered by a power bank using RPi micro usb port.

Why donā€™t you use the power switch and an AC 6V transformer or a DC 9-12V directly to Durio board? :unamused:
Why HDMI connection? And whatā€™s the blue USB cable? :unamused:

1. Durio Dual mono plus additional two Basic boards.

2. RPi 2

3. Yes it can either be powered by a 9-12V/2A AC DC adaptor or 5V/2. 1A powerbank for clean DC power

4. I connect the HDMI to a 7" TFT IPS LCD as console so that I donā€™t need to rely on Wi-Fi for GUI. I use ncmpc.

5. Lastly the blue USB 3.0 connects the Pi2 to my iFi iDSD Micro to play DSD audio.

Sent from my H60-L04 using Tapatalk

Hey duriosound users,

I have the dual mono board and Iā€™m interested in adding a spdif output. Anyone have experience with this?

Can anybody explain me about the this problem? What is asked exactly? Can anybody explain me about device?

The device is called Durio Sound, a DAC that connects to a Raspberry Pi using the I2C interface: duriosound.org/.

There are several models available: Check out here: gravitech.us/dusoulsoqufo.html

The products are a development of Torsten J, an audiophile electrical engineer: tjaekel.com/T-DAC/

I bought a durio sound pro (gravitech.us/duriosoundpro.html) that I am running with a Raspberry Pi B+ (using an external power supply that also powers my PI. I am amazed by the sound! Fantastic product - incredibly good for the costs!

Is it possible to add Durio Sound Pro to the list of I2S DAC?
Now Iā€™m using hifiberry driver, but should be better use the settings below:
duriosound.org/post/mpd/

Hi guys!
I have found a player that full support Durio Sound PRO: moodeaudio.org/ :smiley:
Look to the RELEASE NOTES it seems very good player, Linux Kernel and MPD always update!!!
moodeaudio.org/docs/tcmods-relnotes.txt

Iā€™m going to test it! :mrgreen:

Whatā€™s wrong with using the hifiberry driver for durio pro?

Iā€™m not software expert, but use is right driver for me should be better.
For example, Yesterday I listen with Volumio some tracks and the sound not convinced me 100%.
Now Iā€™m listening same tracks with moode audio setting Durio Sound Pro driver, also DAC chip name is recognised, and seems to me sound betterā€¦
If someone can make a test and confirm my impressions should be a good thing.
For me is really better, more details and clarity! But should be only a stupid illusion in my head.
Can you try to test it?

It is! :mrgreen:

https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/pull/867

Thanks penots!
But if I have read well Pelwell doesnā€™t want to add Durio Sound driver because for him is a copy of hifiberry driver.
Otherwise Pitichai has told that the DAC is the same, but he has rewrite not copy the code.
He understands that Pewell doesnā€™t accept the patch, because the code look pretty like coping and just the string name, but this isnā€™t true.
He followed hifiberry driver only because it has i2s port and same chip.

Thanks for clarification!

Or maybe the moode sounds betterā€¦

Now we are sure that Durio Sound Pro sounds better with Moode because uses is correct driver.
The differences between Volumio and Moode are that Moode uses last debian kernel (jessie) and one of the last MPD.
Volumio is not updateā€¦

Does anyone know if the upcoming Volumio 2 will ship the correct driver for DurioSound?

Moode sounds outstanding in my system. I compared with volumio 2.0 in focus mode that is very near but moode is better , i m using sabre dac.

I donā€™t know MPD version of Volumio 2.0, Moode has version 0.19.10, one of the last.
There is a guide in this forum to update Volumio to the last MPD, I tried with Volumio 1.55 without success.
I donā€™t know if this could be one of the reason of this difference.
I donā€™t remember if SABRE DAC is in the Volumio i2s DAC list, if not, use the correct driver with Moode, like in my case, make the difference.

I bought a dual mono pro a while back and love it. Unfortunately I corrupted the card and re-flashed. It works but there is no sound. Are there any special configurations I need to add to the 1.55 version? I thought a copied the original when I got it but I canā€™t find it - please help.

Thankyou,

George

For Volumio 1.55 you have only to select hifiberry and reboot. I suggest you to download and install Moode Audio, better than Volumio for our DAC.
You can choose Durio Sound to the list of i2S DAC and it works better because it uses his own driver. Graphics is very similar to Volumio, is a software developed from Volumio.

Thankyou Badger - I will give it a try