renderer

Hi,
Second problem:

BubbleUpnp or any other upnp app does not recognize volumio 1.4.
Do I have to install gmrenderer ? Or do I miss something :wink:.

Any help is welcome…

Karsten

I don’ think so… I installed it and, though some features do not work properly (external hard-disk USB connected is not even recognized, USB DAC takes a lot to be recognized…), that soft (Bubble UPnP) works well.
I have tried also DK DLNA UPnP Player & UPnPlay soft and both softs work fine, too.
I guess you have the Rasp connected to Internet though LAN or WiFi ?

regards,

Victor

Sure it’s connect via lan.

Karsten

Can you see it ? I mean, for instance, I can reach my router (you know 192.168.X.X ) and see what devices are connected to it.
Can you see it then?
Anyway, I can tell you that mine is not very stable either, well it has NEVER been :slight_smile: (to say the least): every time I switch it on, it is a surprise what the menu will show me (ALSA only, or also my DAC sometimes; it detects my USB sometimes; WiFi has never worked…).

In order to stream succesfully with Volumio / a UPNP control point (like bubble) and a nas on a network you need to beef up your network architecture.

So assume you have a cable modem into a wifi router /or an adsl router, you should NOT plug your nas straight into the router. You need to get an unattended ethernet switch like this one. The router has a hard enough job assigning IP’s and broadcasting wifi without having to worry about switching your cabled IP traffic.
Connect the router to the switch. And connect any other cabled devices you might have like volumio to the switch. They don’t need setting up. There is no user interface. The switch is just like an automatic railway junction. If you are planning a long cable run, to your music/av room you can get another switch to make things easier.

If your broadband supplier has provided you with a hub or router of any description by definition it’s not going to be very good. If you have cable put it into modem mode, and get a separate wifi/wired router. If you have dsl. Disable wifi, and everything else except the dsl modem and get a separate wifi/wired router. One that you can actually configure freely, as the provider supplied ones are often restricted in terms of port opening and so on.

I know the isps say that the supplied hubs or router can do everything. Well that’s only true if ‘everything’ is having one wired, and one wireless device.

So the network should look something like this.

Nas
^
Switch ------------------ (volumio wired)
^
Router ----- wifi ------ upnp cp -------- (volumio wireless )
^
Modem

This is the bare minimum you need. Lots of high end network audio users set up separate subnets, have managed switches, and more.

Very good advice here. By trial and error this is what I have ended up with :smiley:

Thanks. I’ve made it into a guide. :slight_smile: