Recomendations for a hat/dac for headphones only.

Hello

Recently set-up Volumio on a Pi3 and am using an Audioquest Dragonfly Red for headphone listing.
I’m stunned at how good it sounds.
I’d like to try a hat/dac with an integrated headphone amp.
This box will be headphones only.
I’d prefer to not have to use an additional power supply.
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
TL

I have an RPi box that I use exclusively with headphones, using an IQAudio DAC:

http://iqaudio.co.uk/hats/8-pi-dac-0712411999643.html

Very happy to recommend it.

Thank you looks nice.
The inclusion of dedicated headphone amp is a plus for sure.
I’ll get one, or maybe the pro for the extra couple $.

TL

Hi, i have these recomendations with extra headphone amp:
pi2design.com/502dac_pro.html
osaelectronics.com/product/ … 1ab-2b-3b/

I’ve been looking at the 502DAC Pro, looks like the swiss army knife of hats.

As an aside I find it ironic that I look at the $129 price tag and think " that’s expensive".
Back in my audiofool days I spent that on a nail polish sized bottle of magic contact treatment or some ferrite dots. :blush:

I know I’m preaching to the choir but what an amazing time for those who enjoy music.
Access to all the music in the world for less than a couple Starbucks a month from a $200 little box.

Still nothing captivates and gets me as close to the music as my turntable. Trouble is at 500 lbs it’s not very portable. :laughing:

If I see it right, the chip inside the IQaudIO Raspberry PI DAC+ is a TPA6133A from Texas Instruments which delivers maximum 1,5Veff (translates from 140mW @ 16Ohms), which might be little for certain high-impedance phones from 200-600Ohm.

Thanks for the insight
Currently using Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 @ 18 Ohm, sound great, like the closed back and folding design as I’m using this as a travel rig.
Trouble is for me they become extremely uncomfortable after a 20min.
I’m looking for alternatives atm the Oppo PM-3 @ 26 Ohm are at the top of list.

This Oppo PM-3 is certainly an upgrade to the Momentum 2.0, from what I’ve heard so far… and way better looking!