Raspberry Pi4 cannot reboot after shutdown

Hi there!

I’ve recently gotten a RPi4 and installed volumio on it. Stock condition, it works great. Spotify Connect plugin works fine as well. I’m having trouble with these 2 plugins:

• Spotify plugin. Upon installation, the Pi drops off the network and cannot be accessed via LAN or Wifi
  • Touchscreen plugin. Upon installation (but not activated), Volumio still works fine. But upon installing the display and turning the Pi back on again, it doesn’t connect onto my network via LAN or Wifi

Is this to be expected since the Pi4 is pretty new? Thanks!

EDIT: I’ve come to realise that it isn’t the Touchscreen plugin. Even without plugins, when I shutdown using Volumio, I can’t turn it on again. I have to reinstall Volumio into the SD card for it to start up again…

It’s not plugins per se as I’ve installed the “simple equalizer” without problem (well, a bit of fiddling around but I have an external DAC and I’ve never used Volumio before and it’s a brand new Pi 4 and I have no way of connecting it to a display so I was doing everything via web/ssh…).

The touchscreen plugin code itself doesn’t contain any WIFI or LAN related components. If any, the packages pulled in during the installation of the plugin could affect the network if they should not be recent enough for the relatively new Pi 4 - but that’s a wild guess.

When you say “installing” do you mean enabling the plugin or physically connecting the display?

After Volumio has booted and when there is no network conection: Are you able to activate the network again by heading to the network settings page and hitting the “save” button of e.g. the WIFI settings (network should restart then)?

Thanks both for responding!

I’ve come to realise that it isn’t even the Touchscreen plugin.

Even without plugins, when I shutdown using Volumio, I can’t boot it up again and it’s not accessible via IP address and volumio.local. I have to reinstall Volumio into the SD card for it to finally start up and become accessible…

Updated the OP with this info.

Which power supply are you using?

I’m using the official raspberry pi 4 power supply (with USB C)

Tested it this time with the official touchscreen and attached is the error message I received. (sorry, i’m not sure why the image flipped when I loaded it)
20191031_214953.jpg