QNAP TS251D with Volumio

Hi, I have a QNAP NAS 251D and I have been trying for hours to have VOLIMIO detect the same as Network Drive but no success at all. Has anyone of you using QNAP has successfully been able to add it as a Network Drive on Volumio…What am I missing ?

ALIAS - RAJIVQNAP
NAS IP ADDRESS - 192.168.XX.XXX
Path - \RAJIVQNAP\Multimedia\Music
File Share Type - CIFS
Username - XXXXX (of the NAS)
Password - XXXXX (of the NAS)
Options - Blank

Result ----

Error when adding network drive

(2): No such file or directory Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

When Selected File Share type as NAS instead of CIFS

Result –

Error when adding network drive

exec error Error: Command failed: /usr/bin/sudo /bin/mount -t nfs -o ro,soft,noauto ‘192.168.50.204:\RAJIVQNAP\Multimedia\Music’ ‘/mnt/NAS/RAJIVQNAP’ sudo: unable to resolve host rajivs-volumio: System error mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting 192.168.50.204:\RAJIVQNAP\Multimedia\Music

Two things you could test:

• Assuming the alias is the name of the NAS, remove the alias at the start of the path. You are using ip adress instead of the name
  • Linux uses / instead of windows \ - try to replace them

You are awesome…Problem Solved…:slight_smile:

A big thanks to you sir…

You’re welcome

It would be useful for people searching in the future to know exactly what solved your problem. :wink:

Why not put a music server on the QNAP?
Plenty of free options search as Minim, Twonky, etc.
I use Asset

Whatever server you have will appear under Media Servers in Volumio.

The advantage is the Music Server does all the organising of your music to however you like.
Volumio has no need to scan lots of music files as all such tasks are now done by the NAS.
So it’s less work for Volumio & the RPi.