Project with PeppyMeter Screensaver Plugin for VOLUMIO v2.9xx and 3.0xx buster

Yep it’s possible.
But you can do this by yourself.
I don’t expect that @Gelo5 is going to put in all the efforts for a single user, with a non standard resolution.

1 Like

You are a lucky man. I have such a monitor. How many of these skins do you want? 40 is enough?

Upload everything to:
/data/plugins/miscellanea/peppy_screensaver/peppymeter/custom_4 (1920x1080)
It’s such a gift for the New Year! All the best
1920x515 Part1.zip (8.9 MB)
1920x515 Part2.zip (9.0 MB)
1920x515 Part3.zip (8.6 MB)
1920x515 Part4.zip (9.0 MB)
1920x515 Part5.zip (4.7 MB)

1 Like

Wow! That is really awesome! Thank you very much. Do I have to delete the old ones for not getting them listed?
You are the best!!!:+1:t2:

1 Like

hehe, only 40?

It’s best to delete everything from this folder and upload what I sent you.

I have an extra 30 but…

don’t confuse me twice… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dear Gelo, I did so and deleted everything inside custom4 and made an Upload from everything. Then I selected the folder in the settings from the plug-in and chose random, saved everything.After stopping and starting playback, the screen remainded without vu meters. Do you have any idea? All 40 skins appear 🤷🏼
Thanks a lot!

Maybe I made a mistake somewhere. Try to play by changing skins manually. The skin that doesn’t appear is a bug.
And most of all, do you have the latest version of Peppymeter? If not, uninstall old plugin and reinstall (as post7 plugin).
Remember where to upload skins!!
/data/plugins/miscellanea/peppy_screensaver/peppymeter/custom_4 (1920x1080)

Ok, I will try. The folder is the right one, it apppears in the settings of the Plugin. The version is the latest from post#7 up here, 1.3.0 .
I will try them single :blush: I keep you updated, thanks a lot!!

1 Like

The peppymeter is included in the PeppyScreen plugin. If you have an old version of Peppymeter, some meters will not work. Do a reinstall! (the new version will install itself) PeppyScreen version is the same 1.3.0
Folder 1920x1080 - for 1920x515
https://we.tl/t-cu6uf4eZmj

Just great themes! I really like it when there are only indicators or indicators and information about what is playing. Without any handles and pictures of the equipment. A huge request, do the same on 1024x600. Even a single-channel (one indicator) is possible. Happy New Year!!! Thank you for what you’ve already done. And, another request in a small instruction is what and where to copy, so that both the old indicators and yours remain, otherwise I only have yours (I copied them and meters.txt file to the custom_2 folder (1024x600).

1 Like

To have my indicators and original ones, you need to modify the meters.txt file. Belongs to original meters.txt add my meters. Done

I would like to install the PeppyMeter plugin but I am not having any luck getting my display to work with my RaspPi4 and Volumio. I was able to get it working with the correct orientation using the RaspPi OS.

I have a 8.8" 1920x480 display from Aliexpress. This is what is in my config file

initramfs volumio.initrd
gpu_mem=32
max_usb_current=1
dtparam=audio=on
audio_pwm_mode=2
dtparam=i2c_arm=on
disable_splash=1
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
force_eeprom_read=0

max_framebuffer_height=1920
hdmi_mode=87
hdmi_group=2
hdmi_force_mode=1
hdmi_timings=480 0 30 30 30 1920 0 18 6 6 0 0 0 60 0 66280000 3
gpu_mem=512 #Pi Zero series please change to gpu_mem=256

include userconfig.txt.

By the way great job on the plugin and the video Andy put together. When I go through the plugin install do I need to be wired or can I do it wireless?

Can be wired, can be wireless

Well, after full reinstall and using
git clone https://github.com/project-owner/peppyalsa.git
git clone https://github.com/project-owner/PeppyMeter.git
Peppy works as it should, fully according to the music. Moreover it works with Spotify plugin 3.0.7., but with software volume control only. One problem changes to another.

I moved the HDMI cable to the other port and now the screen is working although the font is extremely small. I wired my Pi4 to the router. When I go to http://volumio.local/dev it will not allow me to enable SSH. What is blocking me from enabling it?

@akabek
Please share a screenshot.

I tried Firebox and Chrome. The enable button is there but I cannot click it to save.

If you press enable, there is no feed-back but SSH is enabled.
Go in Volumio to network and check which ip, Volumio is running on.
Use this IP to SSH into Volumio
Run:
ssh volumio@<ip-address> from the command shell or use putty to connect.

Thanks for clarifying @Wheaten . I took another look at the Andy’s video and there was no prompt to save the change.

I installed the touch display plugin and the display is working. I tried to use the plugin to change the display orientation 90 degrees but there was no change. What do I need to add to the config file to rotate the orientation on the screen?