Project with PeppyMeter Screensaver Plugin for VOLUMIO v2.9xx and 3.0xx buster

I want to fix soft. Change the hardware last.

If you want to cool it good this works nice around 35c - 40c max

But we should not bash cooling in the peppy posts.

1 Like

Nobody reported such a problem, so nobody will correct it. Try to correct it yourself (probably no one has such a configuration)

Edit: And I am wrong. As you can see below - @Wheaten post

It was reported before, by me.

The problem is that the python script for cooling is running in a loop while True: From a peppy_meter point of view the system is busy and a screensaver should not start.
I didn’t spend much time on it and bought a silent 5V fan and have it continuously running on 3.3V.

What you can try is remove the while true from the python script and have a Bash script call the python script. (haven’t test it, but it seems Bash report a loop in a different manner than python.)

Just some random scripts i still had to prove my statement.
The python script will prohibit peppy_meter to start, while the bash script will still allow peppy_meter to start. Both run in a while loop.
Python:

import os
import psutil
from time import sleep

# Getting loadover15 minutes
while True:
	load1, load5, load15 = psutil.getloadavg()
	cpu_usage = (load15/os.cpu_count()) * 100
	print("The CPU usage is : ", cpu_usage)
	sleep(5)

Bash:

#!/bin/bash
while [ : ]
do
	echo "Memory information"
	free -m
	echo "Disk information"
	df -h
	sleep 5
done
3 Likes

Thanks. I have a large radiator installed:
https://aliexpress.ru/item/1005001727955400.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2rus&sku_id=12000017375874672&spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.21efa396BvrOdo
It is not even necessary to install a fan with it. BUT!!!
A hat is installed on top:
https://aliexpress.ru/item/4000002802608.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2rus&sku_id=10000000003220261&spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.21efa396BvrOdo
It interferes with the free circulation of air. Gradually, everything around is getting very hot. It is necessary to make a forced movement of air. Therefore, a turbofan from a laptop was installed
https://aliexpress.ru/item/4000820278817.html?mp=1&sku_id=10000008604474092&spm=a2g2w.cart.0.0.ced24aa6XhIwNZ
But not from above. On the side. A 5 volt fan, connected to 3.3 volts. But I don’t like the night noise. Therefore, a script was installed, to which I gave a link. Everything became great. The range is 38-60С . The fan runs for 3 minutes, then 1 hour of silence.
The only problem is not running PeppyMeter. Software conflict. But I’m not good at it. I am 58 years old. And it is very, very difficult to study scripts.
Thank you for responding. It is strange that there is no fan control plugin in Volumio.

1920x1080_Onkyo M508.zip (1.8 MB)
1280x400_OnkyoM508.zip (794.3 KB)

1920x1080 Turnable Black.zip (1.6 MB)
1280x400_Turnable Black.zip (452.3 KB)
1024x600_Turnable Black.zip (705.8 KB)
800x480_Turnable Black.zip (505.8 KB)

1920x1080 Turnable Blue.zip (1.9 MB)
1920x1080 Turnable Green.zip (1.1 MB)
1024x600_Turnable Green_Blue.zip (1.3 MB)
1280x400_Turnable Blue_Green.zip (1.0 MB)

7 Likes

Hi @2aCD, great work on this! Is there no way to enable serial output from the peppymeter elements of your plugin?
I tried the link the balbuze’s plugin, but that page doesn’t exist anymore.

1 Like

Excellent work as always…any chance of the turntable at 1024x600?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Yhy

1 Like

840 x 480?……. Please…… :pray::tumbler_glass:

1 Like

Thank you Gelo5, looks awesome.

:clinking_glasses:

Found the link, and got serial working with some minor tweaks. Details here.

After the fact it occurred to me that I could have just used this plugin, then install peppymeter using the normal procedure (not as a plugin). The only reason I needed a plugin was since Volumio v3 doesn’t allow you to change /etc/asound.conf, which this plugin resolved. All you need to do after that is install peppymeter iaw with https://github.com/project-owner/PeppyMeter.doc/wiki/Installation then adjust the config.txt file to use the fifo created by the plugin (from memory this plugin uses /tmp/myfifo).

Hey Gelo5 a question is it posible to use css3 in peppy?

This is a question for @2aCD or @Wheaten or @balbuze or our programming colleagues

Oke i think it’s for @2aCD or @peppy.player and not the others :slight_smile:

So far as i can see it’s not there i think peppy is not web based.

840x480? If this is a mistake - 800x480 is higher

1 Like

As others replied already - PeppyMeter was written in Python using Pygame module/library. It’s so called rich client which is usually running on displays connected to you computer not remote browsers. It cannot run in a browser directly like Javascript. Therefore you cannot use CSS3 (used for styling web pages) with PeppyMeter UI.

But besides of displays connected to you computer PeppyMeter can output volume signal to other devices as well. Those devices should be connected to your computer (e.g. Raspberry Pi) using such connections/protocols as I2C, Serial interface, PWM and HTTP:
Outputs · project-owner/PeppyMeter.doc Wiki · GitHub

Using HTTP protocol PeppyMeter can send a volume signals to browsers over your local network. Though in this case it’s your responsibility to implement the whole UI. While doing that you can use CSS3 or any other web technology which you know/prefer.

Best regards

Oke tnx for the info :slight_smile:

and 1280 x 400 …please… :bowing_man: :beer: :beers:

I just hit 4 by mistake… :wink:

1 Like