Project with PeppyMeter Screensaver Plugin for VOLUMIO v2.9xx and 3.0xx buster

i got error during install socketIO-Client in peppymeter script-

Volumio release is 2.907

volumio@volumio:~$ python3 -m pip install socketIO-client
Downloading/unpacking socketIO-client
  Downloading socketIO-client-0.7.2.tar.gz
  Running setup.py (path:/tmp/pip-build-o4u7_64o/socketIO-client/setup.py) egg_info for package socketIO-client

warning: no files found matching '*.html'
    warning: no files found matching '*.js'
    warning: no previously-included files matching '*.pyc' found anywhere in distribution
Downloading/unpacking requests>=2.7.0 (from socketIO-client)
  Downloading requests-2.26.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (62kB): 62kB downloaded
Cleaning up...
Exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 2595, in _dep_map
    return self.__dep_map
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 2457, in __getattr__
    raise AttributeError(attr)
AttributeError: _DistInfoDistribution__dep_map

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pip/basecommand.py", line 122, in main
    status = self.run(options, args)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pip/commands/install.py", line 290, in run
    requirement_set.prepare_files(finder, force_root_egg_info=self.bundle, bundle=self.bundle)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pip/req.py", line 1266, in prepare_files
    req_to_install.extras):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 2401, in requires
    dm = self._dep_map
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 2597, in _dep_map
    self.__dep_map = self._compute_dependencies()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 2621, in _compute_dependencies
    parsed = next(parse_requirements(distvers))
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 2721, in parse_requirements
    "version spec")
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 2686, in scan_list
    raise ValueError(msg, line, "at", line[p:])
ValueError: ('Expected version spec in', 'charset-normalizer ~=2.0.0', 'at', ' ~=2.0.0')

Storing debug log for failure in /home/volumio/.pip/pip.log

can you help?

I’d correctly installed on Buster release 3.0,
the main issue is that peppymeter won’t start from crontab…
crontab show me comand line correctly.

*/0.3333333333333333 * * * * /home/volumio/PeppyMeter/run_peppymeter.sh > /dev/null 2>&1

i’d setted “no screensaver while playing” with custom meter… and as 2ACD wrote, amd added mouse.nomouse=1 to config.txt … … it should be ok .

Im not using touchscreen device, just TV 1080p.

any way to fix that?

1 Like

Hi @fabio323ti
the problem is, peppy.player has released a new update of PeppyMeter with many changes for us to implement it better in Volumio. So I don’t more change the original code. Please wait until I publish a new version of install script. I’m at time on Vacation and start the work on next week.
At time only the previous version of PeppyMeter works with my installer. You can download the previous version of PeppyMeter from git and remark the gitclone command in my installer and run the install_PeppyMeter again. But a better way is to wait a little bit
Best regards
2aCD

I have tried the steps now , the player said it can’t find alsa device and won’t play anymore

1 Like

Hi @sonerin
Can you say which volumio version do you use?

2.096 is the version.

1 Like

Running Volumio 3.080 and installed PeppyMeter using the script for both peppyalsa and peppymeter. However, after a successful install and a reboot, I am unable to play any audio. I have editing the asound.conf in both peppyalsa folder and /etc/asound.conf w/ out success. Should I wait for the new script or am I missing something trivial?

Card 2 is what I would like to use, this was working until I toggled DACs.

aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: Headphones [bcm2835 Headphones], device 0: bcm2835 Headphones [bcm2835 Headphones]
Subdevices: 8/8
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
Subdevice #2: subdevice #2
Subdevice #3: subdevice #3
Subdevice #4: subdevice #4
Subdevice #5: subdevice #5
Subdevice #6: subdevice #6
Subdevice #7: subdevice #7
card 1: sndrpihifiberry [snd_rpi_hifiberry_dacplushd], device 0: HiFiBerry DAC+ HD HiFi pcm179x-hifi-0 [HiFiBerry DAC+ HD HiFi pcm179x-hifi-0]
Subdevices: 1/1
card 2: DAC59651213 [ADI-2 DAC (59651213)], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
Subdevices: 0/1

Hi @guyp2k
do not change the asound.conf in /etc manually.
This is changed by UI. Please enable your sound card in UI and change the mixer.

The install_peppymeter script isn’t working at time. I’m working on a new script for the updated PeppyMeter.

But the installation of peppyalsa is working.
Which error do you have?

No error, just no sound after the install. If I select some audio i.e., radio or file, nothing plays. Before the install, all is well.

Thanks

I have send you a personal message

@2aCD the 3.080 is broken next week a new release…or he has to pick a older version.

Not a big deal I can wait until next week. Question, is there a way to roll back from the cli to an older version w/ out having to pull the flash and re-flash?

Thanks

re-flash and start over … there is no rollback only clean install of the bad version…

Thx, will do.

Yeah, just edit the current version, to one right before the one you want…

Hi together,

I’m done now with the new version of PeppyMeter integration. Please start from a new fresh installation. Thats important for a sucessfully installation. Please download all components again from here:

Step 4
and here:
Step 5

Please also read the explantations (no more separate installation of build essentials is needed)

This is now the version with all dependencies for a plugin
Have fun

2 Likes

Hi 2aCD,

First of all thank you very much for this fantastic plug-in. I installed the old version three weeks ago and it worked perfectly. I enjoyed it very much! Then I got errors when I tried to re-install last week. But knowing that a new install version is coming, I waited patiently for you to finish your vacation. Yesterday I got this new install_peppy version and I installed immediately with Volumio v.2.873 upgraded to 2.907. Everything went fine until the last bit.
My screen is 800x480, and I selected everything as said with custom_800. It didn’t work.

And I checked it with putty and it returned with the following:

The strange thing is if I don’t select the “custom_800” but just “Large 1 channel 800x480”, it worked! Please help me on this, thanks!

Hi Pa21,
It seems you use the old custom folder. Have you also download the custom folder again?

Yes I did. Just wanted to make sure, I downloaded that once again and still got the same result.

When you d9woaded the custom folder and unzip it just make sure that you enter in the folder and copy that folder…
1.Custom_800 >>>2.Custom_800>>>pictures. Copy the second folder not complete…
I hope I explained correctly…

1 Like