Problem with volume

And most of us are also paying a monthly fee. Then expectations will rise to deliver good working stuff.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

As jeroen_vdk writes in his post, the error seems to have been found and if you are interested, you can simply fix the system before a new release comes out. I did it on my two devices (RPI3 + Justboom DAC and RPI3 with Allo Boss DAC) and both are now OK. If you don’t want to go through the discussion on Github, here’s a simplified procedure.

wget https://github.com/volumio/Volumio2/files/4022686/index.js.txt cp /volumio/app/plugins/audio_interface/alsa_controller/index.js index.js.bak cp index.js.txt /volumio/app/plugins/audio_interface/alsa_controller/index.js
Then reboot and after it reboots, check in GUI that your volume and DAC config is OK. In case it does not solve the issue, you can easily rollback by copying index.js.bak from home folder back as index.js to /volumio/app/plugins/audio_interface/alsa_controller/ folder.

It works fine for me but I had to revalidate my DAC once in the settings.

It works with mi RPi2 with PiFi DAC

Perfect thanks for the fix, works fine, but I did also have to re-select and save my DAC settings and restart again. Great to have full volume back in action [emoji3]

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

The fix works, but you need to go to dac settings and press “save” after the reboot.
And i think now i need the double size of volume as before. Before with a volume of 30 it was loud enough, but now i need a volume of 60 for the same loudness.
Has anybody else recognized this?

For me after a subsequent restart it’s back to full volume

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Thanks jeron_vdk and thanks dede for the instructions.
The fix works fine for me. Still after two reboot it works well.

Thanks

Fine now with IQaudIO DAC Plus and Raspberry Pi 3B. Thanks a lot :sunglasses:

Unfortunately with a Dion Audio Loco V2 amp/dac, it didn’t work completely.

I do can change volume but volume can’t go beyond 31. Max volume in Volumio is set to 70.

What could I check why it is limited to 31?

Thanks.

Works fine for me.
RB PI 3 B+ with hifiberry DAC PLUS PRO

Thanks !

I will wait until the new version is released.

I don’t like to be a troll, but:

• 1 Month since this bug is out
  • No official fix
  • The bad version is still online

Not all users are “hackers” like we and can edit the config files. :unamused:
And a lot of people don’t like to search in forums for a fix.

I specially registered here because of the problem. I made an update 2 days ago, I would have left it. Especially now in the cold season I use volumio a lot when I ride my tracx trainer and the volume cannot be adjusted. This is annoying you can believe because the remote control of my amplifier does not reach, it was always fine with Volumio.
Unfortunately I am not familiar with “SSH”, can someone describe how this works with the program lines, which program do I need, how do I log in, such a shit, tried with puty, port 22 no connection. My “fing” shows me “192.168.1.35 +1” as the IP adress in my network of the raspy, never saw a “+1” in an IP adress.
Sorry I am not a native speaker

Exactly this is what i meant with my previous post :unamused:

Now let me help you out of this s*** :wink:

1. You need to enable SSH: Go to this webpage -> 192.168.1.35/dev -> Press the button “Enable” under SSH.
  2. Now you can connect to it via putty. The address 192.168.1.35 and ssh (port 22) should be enough.
  3. Username: volumio, Pass: volumio
  4. Switch to super user mode: “sudo su” password again volumio
  5. Now copy&paste the stepps that dede wrote one by one and press enter after each:

wget https://github.com/volumio/Volumio2/files/4022686/index.js.txt cp /volumio/app/plugins/audio_interface/alsa_controller/index.js index.js.bak cp index.js.txt /volumio/app/plugins/audio_interface/alsa_controller/index.js
6. Write “reboot” and press enter
7. After the reboot, go to “settings” in the webinterface and press the second option (in german its “wiedergabe”, don’t know it in english sorry)
8. Press “save” at the dac settings

Now it should work again.
Let me know if something went wrong.

A release with a fix for this issue is due for release this weekend.

NOTE: We know many of your are disappointed by 1 month delay in solving this… Please understand that there were CHristmas holidays in the meantime and good 20 days were gone with that…

Thank you michelangelo for that news!

Ok, thanx
I prefer to wait the update :slight_smile:

We understand and respect your efforts!
It’s frustrating for all parties and some of us did not use the Volumio devices during the holidays - s**t happens.

We have some solutions: some of them need some command lines, others need some SD card flashing and other mean enjoying the awkward silence while drinking one or two “adult beverages”.

We are all human beings and the holidays are there for relaxing. It’s the minimum we can do in times where absence rates due to burn-out are higher than the ones caused by cancer.

I really hope that the Volumio developers relaxed and did not open their emails or bug notifications.

Thanks again for all your time, efforts and passion!

Regards,
Adrian

Thank you Adrian, yes indeed all of us had a great break. But good news is that we’re back with lot of motivation (and lots of great stuff coming).
The release is done, just little testing and tomorrow will most likely be online