Problem adding network drive

Thank you for the info but it did not work for me.

What was the result of:

sudo smbclient -L 192.168.1.1

we canā€™t read your mind.or use a crystal ball

did not work

after you ssh into your pi. do a . sudo smbclient -L 192.168.1.1

what do you get?

1 Like

I will do it again and take a picture of the screen.

It says ā€œconnection to 192.168.1.1 failed (Error NT_STATUS_NETWORK_UNREACHABLE)ā€

I checked on my Windows PC and the drive is visible and contents are accessible.

Do you have sharing on in your router?

I see references on the web to Netgear ReadyShare using SMB Ver1. Iā€™m not sure Debian Buster supports Ver 1. I had similar issues when I first switched to Volumio 3.xx.

Access your router using a browser and see if you have the latest firmware. Some web sites suggest that later firmware builds give you the option of going into advanced settings and enabling ver 3.

It went from bad to worse.
Now the device is not even visible on the Volumio app or when I type ā€œvolumio.localā€
I flashed earlier an version of Volumio (version 2.xx) on a new memory card, installed it in the RPi and nothing happened.
Then I flashed the OS from RPi website, installed the card and it works so there is no problem with the hardware.
I am confused and ready to give up :frowning:

Drumroll please!
Problem solved. Back to enjoying music.

Flash the current version on a new SD card, install it in the Pi, connect the ethernet cable to the Pi, plug it in, wait for it to be discovered by the Volumio app.

It did not discover the hard disk automatically so I added manually.

Readyshare
T_Drive\iTunes
vers=1.0

Thank you everyone for your input.

2 Likes