[PLUGIN] YouTube for Volumio

I just did a fresh install of Volumio and youtube plugin. Not workink. Log says Jul 30 22:22:26 volumio volumio[877]: info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: youtube , handleBrowseUri Jul 30 22:22:26 volumio volumio[877]: info: handleBrowseUri: youtube Jul 30 22:22:26 volumio volumio[877]: error: certificate is not yet valid Jul 30 22:22:26 volumio volumio[877]: Error: certificate is not yet valid Jul 30 22:22:26 volumio volumio[877]: at Error (native) Jul 30 22:22:26 volumio volumio[877]: at TLSSocket.<anonymous> (_tls_wrap.js:1092:38) Jul 30 22:22:26 volumio volumio[877]: at emitNone (events.js:86:13) Jul 30 22:22:26 volumio volumio[877]: at TLSSocket.emit (events.js:185:7) Jul 30 22:22:26 volumio volumio[877]: at TLSSocket._finishInit (_tls_wrap.js:610:8) Jul 30 22:22:26 volumio volumio[877]: at TLSWrap.ssl.onhandshakedone (_tls_wrap.js:440:38)

Disregard, the date and time were wrong on the RPI and setting them correct fixed the problem somehow.

Glad to hear that it works now :slight_smile:

I have created a PR in the volumio repository and adapted the youtube plugin accordingly. I think with the next version of volumio this problem should be fixed, when they accept my PR. :slight_smile:

Hey hey!

Thanks a lot for the work! I just skimmed over the source and thought whether it might be possible to create a Soundcloud functionality as well ā€¦ What do you think?

All the best!

Hi,

I have taken a look into the API. I saw nothing that should be a show stopper from the implementation aspects but I am not sure how to fulfill their terms of service and attribution guidelines. Anyway I will give it a try.

Hi.

Iā€™m new in Volumio, and I was delighted when saw Youtube playback plugin.
Iā€™ve installed it and connected to my account.
Everything works - I can see search results, but when I press play nothing happens. There is a tooltip in the right top corner with message Play ā€¦ and next silence. Play button still stay as Play. Any other source (even internet radio works fine).
Do you have any ideas what is wrong or where can I check the log for more details?

I run Volumio on RPi3 model B

Thanks!

I have the same problem, used to work nice. I havenā€™t used my player for past month and now when I tried to play music from youtube it didnā€™t work. The only song it was willing to play was Rammstein - Ich Will. Any other songs from my playlist donā€™t play.

:slight_smile:)))))))))))) Rammstein songs (not the only one - Ich Will) works in my end too :slight_smile:))))))))))
Volumio likes Rammstein.
But any new from popular songs not work (the same as I described before).
Maybe it is related to sound stream format for new youtube videos posted last time?

Hi guys,

Thank you for reporting itā€™s not working, I will look into it tomorrow.
Iā€™ll keep you updated!

if it can help you this is an error I just catched
snag.gy/ASaqYz.jpg

Thank you Cris for this great plugin.
Just a info, I saw that the videos that your plugin can still stream, are marked with ā€œalbum: nullā€ on volumio/dev page.

I also saw an error like this when trying to stream youtube.

Here is the log from sudo journalctl -f

snag.gy/dnjqhS.jpg
(I run 2 youtube videos)

Nice comment :smiley:
snag.gy/Lpz1rw.jpg

Iā€™ve added few debugs and get I suppose the original error

Error: Could not extract signature deciphering actions at /data/plugins/music_service/youtube/node_modules/ytdl-core/lib/sig.js:32:18 at IncomingMessage.<anonymous> (/data/plugins/music_service/youtube/node_modules/ytdl-core/lib/request.js:43:9) at emitNone (events.js:91:20) at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:185:7) at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:974:12) at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:80:11) at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:104:9)

It seems it comes from
github.com/fent/node-ytdl
snag.gy/xNzc8W.jpg

!!!
I FOUND SOLUTION

Here is the fix description
github.com/fent/node-ytdl-core/issues/287

How to fix.

• open PRi via SSH
  • go to /data/plugins/music_service/youtube
  • update ā€œytdl-coreā€ version to ā€œ^0.20.1ā€ in package.json
    here is my new package.json

{ "name": "youtube", "version": "0.0.5", "description": "Youtube playback and public sharing for the Volumio", "main": "index.js", "scripts": { "test": "echo \"Error: no test specified\" && exit 1" }, "author": "Cris Pintea <cris@pintea.net>, Stefan Laesser <sla89@gmx-topmail.de>", "license": "MIT", "volumio_info": { "prettyName": "Youtube Playback", "plugin_type": "music_service", "icon": "fa-youtube", "boot_priority": 10 }, "dependencies": { "ytdl-core": "^0.20.1", "kew": "0.7.0", "googleapis": "19.0.0", "iso8601-duration": "1.0.6", "v-conf": "^1.4.0" } }

• remove node_modules folder
  • run npm install
  • restart PRi
  • enjoy :unamused:

Hi dmnBrest,

Thanks for solution ! work fine for me !
However, iā€™ve changed the version of youtube, my version was ā€œ0.0.6ā€ and npm install doesnā€™t find this repository !
Change this parameter too, and it was perfect !!! :slight_smile:

see ya !

Works fine for me too :slight_smile:

Great find!
Just updated the plugin with the new module :wink:
Well done!

Hi,

Thank you all so much. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

@Michelangelo:
Updating the plugin from the WebUI ended in an error - but uninstalling and then reinstalling worked just fine.
(This happened on a device that i setup from scratch today - (PI2, PiFi-DAC2)

• Josef

There is an update (released few hours ago) that solves the update issue as well