[PLUGIN] Volusonic

Hello again…
New issue, I guess, but maybe it is simple to solve.

I am still using a “last” version a subsonic 6.1.6 only for coupling it to volumio, using volusonic. Worked great until now…I know subsonic is now an abandonware, so I stopped to pay the yearly license. This expired recently, end of August. My subsonic server is still on, I can connect through a web interface from my PC, I know that access through smartphone will not work, no problem. But it seems also that access through volusonic does not work either… I cannot connect to my account (connection failed…).
Does it mean that the API used by volusonic is not available anymore without the subsonic “premium” license? Or is it a coincidence?

I know that moving to Airsonic would probably solve the issue. But could you confirm that subsonic without the premium license key will not work with volusonic? I knew that the access from smartphones was impacted. But the API?

Thanks for your help.

Denis

Hello again,

I have now the answer to my question: the API to Subsonic is available only with the Premium license. So Volusonic will not work without this. I have now completely switched to Airsonic.

Denis

I was curious to try this. Volumio 3.3 does not install the plugin not v2.2.1 and not v2.0.2

Did you finally make it?

Looking through this thread with a lot of discussion I had a couple questions:

project

• is the volusonic source located anywhere that could be examined?
    • is there a way to register issues, or PR(s) against the project?

EDIT: looks like it’s here.

functionality

I’ve got a navidrome instance that I’ve been using for a while. It’s accessible from everywhere with proper TLS enabled.

• Can volumio play lossless bit-perfect from navidrome (e.g. changing sample rate and bit depth)?
  • Can volumio play DSD/DSF bit-perfect from navidrome?
  • Can volumio tell the navidrome instance to scrobble plays? (asked by @liquidindian above)
  • Can volumio proxy things like stars between the volumio interface and navidrome instance (asked by @dk31 above)?

project

it also can be found here

functionality
The plugin was originally developed for subsonic. I did some tweaking for other (pseudo)compatible server but they are not “officially” supported. Not that stephaneFR helped me with navidrome
I’ve got a navidrome instance that I’ve been using for a while. It’s accessible from everywhere with proper TLS enabled.

Can volumio play lossless bit-perfect from navidrome (e.g. changing sample rate and bit depth)?

there is no reason not to I guess, it’s a standard API feature you’ll find that in plugin settings
Can volumio play DSD/DSF bit-perfect from navidrome?
*never tried, let me know how things works"
Can volumio tell the navidrome instance to scrobble plays? (asked by @liquidindian above)
I don’t think this function exist in the subsonic API
Can volumio proxy things like stars between the volumio interface and navidrome instance (asked by @dk31 above)?
It’s not implemented but exist is present in the API. I have no idea how things are handled on the volumio - plugins part, but it’s probably doable

Hi!

I use the Volusonic plugin with the Navidrome server. Works well! But I miss “favorites” from the plugin. Is it possible to make the favorites visible or does this require development? Can we expect this in the future?

Thanks
Tamás

Hello Tamás,

The last plugin version should have made favorites available

Great! Thank you!

Hi @foobarjo,

I have been trying to use volusonic with airsonic-advanced but ran into issues where songs would not play even after loading in queue.

Can you let me know what is the best instances to work with volusonic?

Navidrome,
Jellyfin,
Any others?

Thanks

Well it all depends on your needs. Personally, I still use subsonic, which sadly is now abndonware.
If Navidrome’s features are enough for you, it seems to me that the server is stable, so it might be worth testing it.

Ok. Thanks @josquin