[PLUGIN] Radio Paradise

Fortunately this was probably a false alarm:
After about one hour the flac streams streamed again :grin: :smiley:
Probably a temporary problem in the network

Hi, for info, in last version, if you have a MyVolumio Superstar, for flac steams only, youā€™ll access to metadata such as artist story or album story :wink:

Hello, the remaining time indicator is not working correctly. Nor does the name of the station look good in the time dial.
How do I go back to the original version of @Marco?

Weird for the time as no changes between version. But Iā€™ll have a look.
For the name, it is to be consistent with other source. But I agree it is too wide and then donā€™t fit well. How do you see it?

Ok I found the problem for the timerā€¦ It should now works as previouslyā€¦ Not perfect thoughā€¦
I reduce the name displayed Radio Paradise -> Rparadiseā€¦
Plugin in version 1.1.5

The name is better now. There before it put ā€œFlacā€ (I think I remember).
The timer should not allow it to be modified manually, with that I think it would work correctly. I remember RP updates the metadata including the time remaining before the completion of the track.

I removed ā€˜flacā€™ because no placeā€¦ I made no change in the plugin except the place where info appearsā€¦

:ok_hand:

First off, I am completely new to streaming with a Raspberry Pi 4B. I love being able to play RP this easily. I have a couple of (apparent) bugs, and a feature request.
ļ»æ
First is a bug: the skip song button doesnā€™t do that - but actually stops the player. I am logging into Volumio on my Raspberry Pi 4B, using my Android phone and the Duck Duck Go browser.

Second is a bug in Firefox on my Android 10 phone: it truncates the bottom of the screen, so I canā€™t see the play/pause and skip buttons.

Third is a feature request: if we could login to our RP account, and be able to play our Favorites - this would be AWESOME. I can do this on a Windows computer, and it would be lovely to also be able to on the Volumio Raspberry Pi.

Edit: another bug: when I change from one FLAC stream to another - there is a brief but nasty bzzzzzt noise.

This buzzing is still an issue. It sounds like a short circuit.

Did you work out the skip track thing?

I have had it on my pi, my pc and my phone for a while now and skip has always worked.
I have just done a fresh install on my pi.

It will not skip now. Like you say, just stops play.

Oh, btw, did you know you can download RP to your phone so you can listen to it out and about without using data :slight_smile:

No, this is still an issue. Hitting the skip button still causes the weird buzz, and stops playback. When I then hit play, it does play the next song.

I have the RP app on my phone, but that canā€™t play over my Raspberry Pi and my stereo.

Hmmm,
I donā€™t know anything about the buzz I am afraid.
It is odd that skipping has worked fine for me in the time it hasnā€™t for you.

Well, I am pretty sure it was anyway.
I am wondering if it is the newer update or something.

Still know nothing about the buzz.
But I asked on Radioparadise forum.
Apparently:
"The skip function only works on our web player & apps, not on stream players like Volumio, iTunes, etc. "

Where is the download link? I need a zip.

I assume you found it?
I assume you mean Volumio?

I need a Github page where is a RP plug in for Volumio.

Ah, I see what you mean.
I donā€™t know about github, but on volumio, go to plug ins and download it on there.

http://plugins.volumio.org/plugins/volumio/armhf/music_service/radio_paradise/radio_paradise.zip

I would like to be able to sign into my Radio Paradise account in this Volumio plugin - this would let me rate songs, just like when I am listening on my computer or phone. And it let me listen to my Favorites - this is a big part of listening to RP.

Another wish would be to be able comment on the RP forums.

2 Likes