OTA update won’t work on my rPi 3B on Volumio 3

Hello everyone,

I got a problem with my upgraded version of Volumio on my raspberry Pi 3B. I upgraded from Volumio 2 to Volumio 3(.175). Since the upgrade I can’t do any OTA updates. There is always the message “please wait” and then nothing happened. I tried an optional DNS server but that won’t fix the problem. My rPi is connected through an internet cable. I hope someone can help me on this. I think it’s a bug.
Thank you in advance.

Eldin.

Hi Eldin. That’s odd. When you upgraded from v2 was it an OTA or a fresh install? I had various network issues until I did a reflash on the SD card. Might help to send system logs Sending logs for troubleshooting - Volumio Documentation

i would try switching off all the plugins and try again… it worked for a other update problem.

Hello Simon,

Thankyou for your answer. First I tried the OTA update but that didn’t worked quite good so I did a fresh installation. I tried to make a sys log. I hope I did it right, this is what came out:

**Starting Live Log...**

**Stopped volumio-remote-updater.service.**

**Started volumio-remote-updater.service.**

**Error: No active session**

**[2021-12-15 09:33:22] [connect] Successful connection**

**[2021-12-15 09:33:22] [connect] WebSocket Connection 127.0.0.1:3000 v-2 "WebSocket++/0.8.2" /socket.io/?EIO=4&transport=websocket&t=1639560802 101**

**error resolving pool 0.debian.pool.ntp.org: System error (-11)**

**info: CALLMETHOD: system_controller system enableLiveLog true**

**info: CoreCommandRouter::executeOnPlugin: system , enableLiveLog**

**info: Launching a new LiveLog session**

**info: CoreCommandRouter::Close All Modals sent**

**No test mode**

**No alpha test mode**

**curl_easy_perform() failed: Couldn't resolve host name**

**terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::invalid_argument'**

**what(): parse error - unexpected end of input**

**volumio-remote-updater.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=6/ABRT**

**volumio-remote-updater.service: Failed with result 'signal'.**

**volumio-remote-updater.service: Service RestartSec=100ms expired, scheduling restart.**

**volumio-remote-updater.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 6.**

**Stopped volumio-remote-updater.service.**

**Started volumio-remote-updater.service.**

**Error: No active session**

**[2021-12-15 09:33:39] [connect] Successful connection**

**[2021-12-15 09:33:39] [connect] WebSocket Connection 127.0.0.1:3000 v-2 "WebSocket++/0.8.2" /socket.io/?EIO=4&transport=websocket&t=1639560819 101**
1 Like

Does your current Volumio version function ok, apart from the inability to OTA update? If so, it would be useful for the devs to get a complete system log after you have tried to initiate an update. So, reboot and try to OTA update, and then follow the details in the following link (as already givem by @SimonE) to get a system log. (Your log above is not complete)

Would you share some system logs please?

A quick fix would probably be a reflash of the latest version, but that doesn’t help in catching the cause of your initial problem.