[NOT RECOMENDED!] Plugin and Tweaks Adventures on Buster Betas

plugin’s ain’t the problem mate… but if you want to believe it is… your bad not mine…
going back to my old one … happy testing :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi @balbuze
10 bands eq requires beta volumio >= 3.054 but It seems that the last buster version is only 3.051 so ?

It should work too. But from 3.051 you can update to 3.054 : System updates - Volumio Documentation to enable ttest mode :wink:

Hum, I didn’t know the dev option for beta. Thks, I will test the EQ soon.

@gkkpch @balbuze there is a bug in mpd’s handling on the end of a song it jumps before finishing to the next song, then he jumps in the next song to the seeks place (left over from the first song) try to play the rest of the song in the next song and starts the song after that again…

same in local … so it’s a bug in volumio 71.55gdc-1

I tried both simple and parametric EQ on 3.054. Both work fine for the moment.
Something I dont’t understand however is that with parametric, I’m loosing a lot of gain inasmuch as the EQ curve I’ve calculate should start normaly with +6dB gain. But parametric EQ has no option to determine the starting gain, only “auto gain” and I don’t what that mean exactly.

hello!
The parametric eq calculates gain in the following way :
It takes the highest gain between filters, add 2dB and use the result as attenuation. 10+2 = attenuation -12dB
If all filters have a negative value, attenuation is set to -2dB, because of possible phase rotation.
This is required and mandatory to avoid possible clipping.

Well, next step… A Drc Digital room correction plugin based on CamillaDsp.
It allows to use FIR filters, with automatic type detection, clipping detection.
Supported types :
text- 32/64 bits floats line (.txt) in rephase
S16_LE- 16 bits LPCM mono (.wav) in rePhase
S24_LE- 24 bits LPCM mono (.wav) in rePhase
S24_LE- 32 bits LPCM mono (.wav) in rePhase
FLOAT_LE- 32 bits floating point (.pcm)
FLOAT64_LE- 64 bits mono (.wav) from Acourate
FLOAT64_LE- 64 bits IEEE-754 (.dbl) in rephase

It also allows to switch automatically filter according to sample rate. A set of filter is provided to test. Just select the 44100Hz and it will switch up to 96000Hz
The plugin also provide a simple interface for DRC-FIR filter creation. Provide an impulse, and the filter is generated in a minute.
The tools section provides tools to help measurements such as sweep or pink noise.
It is still in DEV. Please careful when detecting clipping as it will play a 0dB plink noise…(so at full volume).
Of course feedback welcome

Édit : clipping détection fixed.

3 Likes

Hi,
Very often when I try to open an web radio I receive the error :failed to open audio output.
I need to press several times in order that web radio is started or o have switch to another radio. Thanks

Please, give more details!
Do you use a plugin? Which one?
What is your device? Dac?
When does the problem occurs?

I use dac topping e30.
Lattest buster beta version.
I use peppymeter, mpd oled, Touch display and parametric eq but it is not configured.
If I stop the radio then after one hour I want to press play I receive that error
If I switch to another radio it is possible to work. If for example switching to another radio works then if I stop the radio then press play I have same issue.
Thanks

Can you please test with no plugin activated and see if you experience the problem?
You can keep touch display

I have disabled all plugins except touch and it is ok now. :slight_smile: I will try to izolate the plugins which causes the problem.
I have activated the mpd oled and when pressing play nothing happens. I guess this is th eplugins with errors I will keep testing.

Hi!
A new version of Parameq4Volumio for Volumio Buster. Now, you can select over more than 3400 headphones eq profiles from AutoEQ!

Enjoy and feedback :wink:

1 Like

Hi,
I have updated to version 3.057 but now the spectrum bar of mpd oled plugin is kind of amnezic, is moving a little bit hard. It is not realistic… What do I need to modify?

Thanks

the spectrum bar is sloppy because the OTA update overwrites the /boot/userconfig.txt.
Please try to restore the setting to increase i2c speed, it should work again

dtparam=i2c_arm_baudrate=800000

1 Like

Thanks Darmur.

Hi @balbuze ,
using latest V3.063, I installed Parameq4Volumio, I get a “Gain must an Integer” error when adding an headphone, gains all have a decimal.

Humm. Yes, I fixed the value to be an integer. But even in Autoeq, gain is always an integer as far as I know. Did you tested the features in the last version.
I could allow float in gain, but I need to check.

it’s the first time I installed it. on AutoEq page, gains are shown with decimal.