No network Drives Found

Volumio can’t find the NAS on my network.

Here is an overview of the situation:

• Internet works
  • Volumio Raspberry Pi has valid IP address.
  • Laptop, Android phone, Apple TV and NAS have no issues connecting with each other.
  • Volumio interface works from any LAN attached device
  • Sharing on NAS is enabled over SMB, NFS and AFP.

Adding manually, with advanced options enabled to be able to add username and password, I first get a red warning:

Error in mounting share bluffdale exec error Error: Command failed: /usr/bin/sudo /bin/mount -t nfs -o ro,soft,noauto '192.168.178.24:/volume1/music' '/mnt/NAS/bluffdale' mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting 192.168.178.24:/volume1/music

And after trying to modify the share a yellow warning:

Error in adding network drive exec error Error: Command failed: /usr/bin/sudo /bin/mount -t nfs -o ro,soft,noauto '192.168.178.24:/volume1/music' '/mnt/NAS/bluffdale' mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting 192.168.178.24:/volume1/music

I now get also this error when I modify the drive settings and save them:

"Error in adding network drive (6): No such device or address Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs) "

Tips to get this working highly appreciated!
ps. couldn’t Volumio add support for Bonjour?

1 Like

Check your permissions on your NAS

Edit: Volumio never finds my network drives either … it’s complicated. Volumio does use bonjour, zero-conf or whatever; it’s the device accessing it that usually has the problems

Ok, I was able to add the NAS after adding special NFS privileges for the IP of the Volumio Pi.

Now I just need to wait and see if it does indeed scan this drive for files and adds the music to Volumio…

No activity on the network or in top so far, but I’ll just leave it running overnight and see tomorrow what has come out of it…

It should be pretty straightaway. Is it showing the NAS as being mounted?

Yes, NAS is now mounted and stays mounted after restart.

Buttons UPDATE and RESCAN do not really seem to have a response…
what is the difference between the two anyway?

One looks for changes, one completely rescans your library. Rescan shows a “spinny” thing over the ‘Browse’ tab, I don’t think Update does this; I usually press it and let it get on with it.