No more Volumio for Sparky?

I’d like to reinstall Volumio on my Sparky Usbridge. Is there a link to an old version of Volumio I could use ?

The link provided by judydudi appears to be broken.

Link working here.

@Balmoral the link does work, just tested it. Try from another device.

Sorry, this link works indeed. For whatever reason I had to copy/paste it to make it work. Thanks!

It’s an understandable move indeed, but it would have been more elegant to leave sparky users with a working version of tidal connect. I recently bought a sparky board, just subscribed for volumio, but won’t probably stay with it with a questionable support and missing essential features. Please consider doing a final release with working tidal connect. Thank you.

“Please consider doing a final release with working tidal connect” +1
I really appreciate it! :slight_smile:

Totally untested… Only for the braves

https://updates.volumio.org/sparky/volumio/2.882/volumio-2.882-2021-05-04-sparky.img.zip

In any case, for those who have a Sparky my suggestion is to upgrade to PI4

1 Like

Great gesture, I think it will be appreciated @volumio by the Community (assuming it works ok ofc :smiley: ).

Love you man. Much, much appreciated. Thank you, will report back how it works.

Unfortunately my Allo USBridge (which is a really great USB transport with Sparky in same housing originally) isn’t compatible with any Pi.
So the suggested upgrade isn’t easy… :frowning:
Moreover I have three units at home.

That’s really unfortunate neukrisz. I’m sorry, but can only point you towards Allo for support. :unamused:

1 Like

Tested or not, supported or not, it looks rock stable so far on my Allo USBridge. I used dietpi + some command line tidal connect plugin so far, but this is a cleaner user experience. I’ll most probably stay with you guys for a year of Volumio Virtuoso after my trial period ends.

Thank you once again! :metal:

1 Like

You re very welcome guys. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Many thanks for your efforts! We really appreciate that!

Just tried the 2.882 image on my old Sparky and it worked like a charm. I did get a rpi 4 as a backup, just in case, but a million thanks for the work, appreciate that. I hate throwing things away, and this has prolonged the useful life of my sparky for a bit!

1 Like

Installed the 2.882 image and Tidal connect works fine.

1 Like

Dear Volumio Team !

Please kindly take into consideration future support for Sparky sweethearts - as they are in my and not only mine opinion the best sounding simple SBC !

Thank you such much for great job which you make !

Adam

Thank you for 2.882. I created an account just to come and say that I appreciate your efforts. It works well with my Sparky/Usbridge. I know there are not many Sparky users, so understand your decision to drop it, but can I please request that you still make availabe “Totally untested, Only for the braves” versions of major future releases. Thanks!

2 Likes

Dear Sparky Users !
Recently I found my Sparky was able to update into 2.916 version simple by clicking “Check for updates” :slight_smile:
Do you have the same with your ones ?
@volumio - can you provide us a link for this version ?
Thank you !

volumio-2.916-2021-10-01-sparky

I don’t normally publish V2 versions, but make an exception for Sparky as it has been discontinued anyway. There is no V3.