No longer can I use 'volumio.local' to access volumio

Hi,Latest Volumio and Mac OSX.
I can access Volumio using ethernet and by typing in 192.168.1.253 etc. Also, after many, many tries I can access Volumio on my iPad using the latest app (but not on my iPhone).
However, typing ‘Volumio.local’ into the browser no loner works. I’ve checked that the same router address is being used/that we are on the same network/checked the network settings under Volumio settings (all seems OK). Bonjour I can no longer find.

Please can anyone help(and, yes, I have done a Google search ).

Thanks,

Bonky.

Hi, if you renamed your Volumio, volumio.local will no longer work.
So, if you called it volumiokitchen, you need to write volumiokitchen.local for it to work

Thanks,but no, it’s still called ‘Volumio’.

BW

Bonky

Thanks. Is there a private email address to which I can send screenshots of my network settings…or shall/can I post them here?

Thanks,

Bonky

Bump…!

Now the Volumio app won’t work (it can’t find the device -even with a restart). Yes, we’re using the same network settings and the player name hasn’t been altered. It all used to work perfectly!

I can still access Volumio with ethernet and wirelessly using the IP address but not via “Volumio.local”, (or the app).

Anyone else with this issue? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bonky

I’m not an expert (very new with Volumio) but perhaps it is because Volumio disable its hotspot if you enable internet access trough your lan. If you switch off you router-modem Volumio will enable again its hotspot capability.

Thanks. I will give it a try.
BW
Richard

Wow; that seems to be working now; how strange; how simple!

Many, many thanks.

BW

Richard.