Hello guys -
Because Christmas is fast-approaching, and Volumio2 doesn’t look ready for primetime, I need to get a Volumio gift that isn’t super crappy (sorry to anyone offended), so I made some improvements to the UI and functionality of Volumio1. Some noteworthy updates:
- UI inspired by Spotify with tweaks to make buttons more clickable and search upfront
- Consolidated ajax calls to funnel/log through one class
- Provided a way in the backend to call any spotify command
- Added covers from Spotify to show in the background
- Other stuff?
I am not fully finished with this, as I am mainly focusing on Spotify, and there may be random issues.
Some known issues so far:
- Going to the next/prev track doesn’t always update UI
- Sometimes when switching between mpd/spotify the other song doesn’t stop
- Playlist ability was mostly removed and replaced with spotify queue… will be mixing the two in the near future.
Check out the UI: http://imgur.com/MEhVLXr
Just posting this here as I want to show my progress and also invite anyone here to use here by by pulling my repo here: https://github.com/jrenton/Volumio-WebUI.
You can update yours by:
cd /var/www git remote set-url origin --delete https://github.com/volumio/Volumio-WebUI.git git remote set-url origin --add https://github.com/jrenton/Volumio-WebUI.git git pull sudo service php5-fpm restart